GDT Pre-season Game 2 - Bombers @ Riders

BBlink

5 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Rider fans are now claiming they have the best RB combo in the league.....

Best back up QBs and now best RBs.

Cant wait until the entire league humiliates them.

I mean, maybe they have the best RBs? Powell is very good. Don't know why they are flexing over a preseason game where they were playing our B/C team defense

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I don't have what you would call evidence but I'm pretty sure that when you become a Rider fan and buy your first piece of Rider merchandise, you get a lobotomy thrown in for free.

Honestly. I’ve ventured onto their site from time to time and it’s like clockwork. Angry when they’re losing and then memory like gold fishes, they’re planning the parade again the next day. 

gaga over a 33 year old thigpen...soon to be 32 yr old Powell and a yet unknown as to who rookie import as a backup...yup..best in league by far lol

like over half their projected starters are 31 and above..thats an old arsed team who will be pouncing on table scrap cuts trying to get depth..or younger

i dont think i even heard Hughes or AC Leonards name called all game....not a good sign either

In fairness I quickly skimmed over the game day thread and not everyone is on the bandwagon.  Its just the ones who are on the bandwagon are on delusional level 10.

I read things such as our 2 big bombs don't really count and if you take those away their defence shut us down.

Something about Powell being unstoppable. 

Zero mentions about 3rd stringers getting pressure on them.

I will look forward to regular season play.   It will be interesting that's for sure.

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Sask rolled their QBs out all the time last year, I don't expect it to change. As I said, collaros can't stay in the pocket.

Obviously the big question mark is Collaros health and psyche. When he takes his first big hit of the season will  tell the story quite quickly.

2 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Don't hold your breath

Name a team that doesn't have a capable American running back.... Name a team that last did anything of note because of their running game.... 

It's still the CFL, running game is nice, but if you can't pass the ball effectively you ain't winning the Grey Cup. 

19 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

And the big offseason addition in Solo is going to be out at least a few more weeks. yikes.

The big offseason addition was Micah Johnson.  Solly just got a chance to keep playing, no one is holding their breath on him.  Or at least I'm not

I doubt an over 31 Johnson is gonna put up the same type numbers without the supporting cast like he had in CGY...that supporting cast in SSK is gonna leave him doing all the heavy lifting there..plus looking at your offence the defense gonna ge on field...a lot..and wear down..Hughes will dissapear sooner than he has the last 2 yrs

On 2019-06-07 at 8:53 PM, Bomber_fanaddict said:

They do have a pretty good rb combo. I'm not sure who I'd rank first as a combo.

I don't dislike Fajardo, but I'd take Streveler, Arbuckle, & Jennings over him. Maybe MBT, Too.

24 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

They do have a pretty good rb combo. I'm not sure who I'd rank first as a combo.

I don't dislike Fajardo, but I'd take Streveler, Arbuckle, & Jennings over him. Maybe MBT, Too.

I'd take Streveler, Arbuckle, Jennings and MBT over Fajardo for sure. Vernon Adams too.