GDT Pre-season Game 2 - Bombers @ Riders

BBlink

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

It might come down to dollars and cents. With things being as close as they are. The decision might go to the player with the lower contract. I assume McGuire probably is at the league minimum or close to it. 

Until we have to “show him the money”..

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

Defense will more or less the same and for the most part the strength of team. Adding Powell is a big plus for us.  I don't mind our team, we will do ok

Is judge healthy? Powell was a big pick up, especially if the riders finally get back to running the ball now. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Is judge healthy? Powell was a big pick up, especially if the riders finally get back to running the ball now. 

Judge is good to go. O'Day will go back to running the ball. It will help us be more balanced. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

especially if the riders finally get back to running the ball now. 

The riders ran a bunch last year no? I mean they are a team that has to run a bunch because they can't leave their qb in the pocket to pass or he will quite literally get killed on the field, so it's run heavy, short pass heavy and roll the qb out heavy. 

Riders ran a lot last year..second only to us, and wasn't an issue as to why offence sucked...it was QB'ing and Coordinating...and having to work fast behind a weak o-line...So swapping in Powell for Mason/Marshall/Thigpen and having same QB..O.C and arguably a weaker receiving corp and O-line...can't see that offence lighting things up

It's pretty clear the Riders are following the same game plan as the Bombers, they're just a couple of years behind in personnel and execution.  Collaros showed flashes of his 2015 version last night a couple of times, he's a much better QB when he can use roll-outs to extend plays and throw on the run.  Question is will he do that during the regular season or will he hide in the pocket and try to get the ball out of his hands as fast as humanly possible to avoid the rush and protect his gourd.  When tied to the pocket he becomes much less effective.

As for their running game, I don't think Sask. has the horses but with the RB's William Powell is the guy that went toe to toe with Harris last year and racked up 2 hundred yard performances against a pretty strong Bomber D.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Collaros has the same terrible offensive coordinator as last year, an O-line which is no better than last year and maybe worse, and it sure as spit looks like the quality of his available receivers has declined. The Bomber front 4/7 are significantly better than last year and ought to feast on the Rider QBs. If Collaros has been traumatized, a couple of good solid hits and he will go into a feeble(sic) position on the field. Maybe even wet himself. The Rider running back might be better but he still needs holes to get through.

37 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Collaros has the same terrible offensive coordinator as last year, an O-line which is no better than last year and maybe worse, and it sure as spit looks like the quality of his available receivers has declined. The Bomber front 4/7 are significantly better than last year and ought to feast on the Rider QBs. If Collaros has been traumatized, a couple of good solid hits and he will go into a feeble(sic) position on the field. Maybe even wet himself. The Rider running back might be better but he still needs holes to get through.

Roosevelt better stay healthy and open all season long. Last night they barely showed off anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

A tall guy against 3rd string dbs, go figure.

Yeah I thought a lot of his catches were times he was left open. Didn't really see anything special.

Kind of reminds me of that Canadian receiver who caught 2 balls in pre-season and we cut him. And then he took to the media to trash us lol

Just reminded me because catches don't mean you are a great receiver. Could have just meant people forgot about you

Edited by BBlink

7 minutes ago, BBlink said:

If I could remember his name I would have definitely mentioned it. I just remember he said something like "and this is why the Bombers are terrible all the time" 

Josh Bishop.

He had one big catch and run for a TD in preseason where two DBs collided trying to tackle him and he thought he was hot ****

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Josh Bishop.

He had one big catch and run for a TD in preseason where two DBs collided trying to tackle him and he thought he was hot ****

https://www.cfl.ca/games/1733/toronto-argonauts-vs-winnipeg-blue-bombers/?_ga=2.67772690.2065234402.1559958188-389478369.1556238858

This game. Can't find the reference to his tweet or whatever it was

3 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Yeah that 44 yard reception was the one. I guess he didn't even get a TD though.

Still, I can understand why he would be upset that Jade Etienne made the team over him.

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yeah that 44 yard reception was the one. I guess he didn't even get a TD though.

Still, I can understand why he would be upset that Jade Etienne made the team over him.

He did go on to have a HOF career, so obviously, the Bombers missed out. 

10 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Rider fans are now claiming they have the best RB combo in the league.....

Best back up QBs and now best RBs.

Cant wait until the entire league humiliates them.

The "Best" fans are never wrong. 

Looking forward to my first Labour Day Game. :)