GDT Tiger-Cats @ RedBlacks

Zontar

3 hours ago, mbrg said:

He didn't start for us when Nichols got hurt.

That's the problem I have with his time here.  Nichols got hurt early and Davis came in cold with #2 reps - no boohoo's, that's the life of the backup QB.  He didn't catch fire right out of the gate but also had 2 terrible wide-open hit-them-in-the-hands drops from his receivers (one was Dressler) on 2nd down that killed any positive momentum he might have gained and desperately needed.  Then the "fans" do what they do and start booing, so LeFevour gets the nod after halftime.  He was no better.  Worse considering Davis at least protected the ball.

Okay, Davis didn't look great but now you have the whole week to let him practise with the number 1 offence and get all the starter reps before the Calgary game.  Instead they go back to Lefevour and made him the starter.  No surprise, he sucked and almost got Harris decapitated on one of the dumbest screen passes I've ever seen thrown.

Do I care that Davis is gone?  We seem to have some good ones here.

Is Davis good?  I don't know.  We had a chance to find out and instead went with Cowbell LeFevour.  He'll probably get a few games to find his way in Ottawa.  I'm sure he'll have struggles, there's no substitute for having a 300 pound DT squash you when it comes to learning how to QB.

I guess I wish him well.  He continued to stick it out in football waiting for his break.  This is it.  Good luck to him.

This from 3 down...

The 28-year-old spent three seasons in Winnipeg but saw limited action, appearing in 47 games but making just one start. He has thrown for 377 yards on 33 of 54 passing in his career while also carrying the ball 16 times for 66 yards.                               SO YEAH he did start and was terrible...just saying.

48 minutes ago, bb1 said:

This from 3 down...

The 28-year-old spent three seasons in Winnipeg but saw limited action, appearing in 47 games but making just one start. He has thrown for 377 yards on 33 of 54 passing in his career while also carrying the ball 16 times for 66 yards.                               SO YEAH he did start and was terrible...just saying.

His one and only start came in 2015 (his first year with Winnipeg) in the final, meaningless, game of the season and he went 16/25 for 169 yards, 0 TD 0 INT, plus 9 rushes for 34 yards. They lost. He was not terrible. Certainly not great. Then we kept him around for 2 more years and when he finally had a chance to start again, LeFeveour inexplicably got the start ahead of him.

I have no idea whether Davis will turn into a good starting QB or not but it just seemed like really bizarre management of a player to develop him for so long and then bail on him at the very last moment when he actually had a shot.

52 minutes ago, bb1 said:

This from 3 down...

Didn't start any meaningful game, started the last game of 2015 at the dome in Toronto.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No.  Came into game vs Hamilton and was brutal.

Yep then was so great we signed Durant and cut Davis. As much as i slag MOS this guy had a lot of chances to show he could be a good QB didn't do it...we will see with Ott.. but i am not holding my breath.