GDT Pre-season Game 1 - Edmonton at Bombers

Floyd

What do I see from the QB position? Streveler is still only #2. But what a running weapon.

Not a good sign that Kilgore is looking better than our guys early.

ST coverage has been very good.

Receivers- have to make more catches..

Oh, oh..Jones (M)

Nice game Thiadrics!

We have a return game..it looks so different.

Jeffcoat 2 knock downs. Impressive.

McGuire. A bit of a surprise there.

Fenner. Guy can play.

Petermann, you da mann!

Bennett looking like a QB!

I see why they like McAlister.

Nice defensive knockdown Boynton!

Richardson! Sack!

Adios. Need I say more?

Eli banging!

What a massive amount of lineup changes..

Bennett to Dylan Schrot. Wow. Beauty! What a moment for Schrot.

Highlight of the night!

Can we have Irving do all the TV games? Let that sync in before you answer.

23 penalties in total. Preseason. 8 Wpg.

Decent showing by Bennett and McGuire.

Archetypal pre-season game.  Loved seeing flashes of the potential our fellow MBB members described in camp.  Still stoked on Richardson and McAlister, less so on Whitehead.

Hot damn I almost forgot what it was like to start the weekend with drinks AND a Bombers victory!!

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

Put Steveler in with a better oline and he has more time... Fact is.. Nichols if he played tonight... Out 8 weeks. 

Thought the oline was better in the 4th quarter than 1st 2nd or 3rd. The QBs had time.. Maybe 4 seconds compared to 2 for Streveler. 

None of the receivers stood out to me.. The returners did.. A few dbs did... Fenner M Jones Boynton Estes Sayles.. A few didnt like Coleman. 

D Jones looked better than Hecht.. 

Simonise on the 3rd team O.. Must be attitude issues there.. Guy has potential to be cut. 

Richardson looks legit... 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Put Steveler in with a better oline and he has more time... Fact is.. Nichols if he played tonight... Out 8 weeks. 

Thought the oline was better in the 4th quarter than 1st 2nd or 3rd. The QBs had time.. Maybe 4 seconds compared to 2 for Streveler. 

None of the receivers stood out to me.. The returners did.. A few dbs did... Fenner M Jones Boynton Estes Sayles.. A few didnt like Coleman. 

D Jones looked better than Hecht.. 

Simonise on the 3rd team O.. Must be attitude issues there.. Guy has potential to be cut. 

Richardson looks legit... 

You sure love hyperbole.

and Simonise? Potentially cut? Lmao 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

You sure love hyperbole.

and Simonise? Potentially cut? Lmao 

Hes 3rd team and has been all camp according to Bob. Did u watch the stream? Doug Brown half went off on Simonise. Not sure why... Said he needs to step up or step out pretty much. Maybe Brown is just being an arrogant Prick but still.. Whys he with the 3rd team. 

Hyperbole? Not my fault how ppl read things... Altho hyperbole can pretty much describe 90 percent of the posts on here. 

Hyperbole 90 percent. Arrogance the other 10. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There is that, but I get the distinct impression that Doug Brown doesn't really pay that much attention to preseason goings on either. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There is that, but I get the distinct impression that Doug Brown doesn't really pay that much attention to preseason goings on either. 

As a player he didn't have to worry about it. Old habits die hard. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Sounds like Doug Brown only pays attention to Doug Brown. Man, talk about a guy who is arrogant and so full of himself. Yeesh. 

Yeah, I can't stand that guy.  I talked to him once and I hope I'm never in a position to do so again. He was a great player for the bombers but certainly doesn't deserve a statue. 

Just now, Colin Unger said:

Yeah, I can't stand that guy.  I talked to him once and I hope I'm never in a position to do so again. He was a great player for the bombers but certainly doesn't deserve a statue. 

Yes. Hes an A Hole for sure. 

48 minutes ago, Noeller said:

What I've seen from Whitehead tonight hasn't matched the hype that he supposedly comes with. Nelson still the guy, IMO... once again, experience beats the shiny new toy. 

Whitehead hasn't been here long enough to learn that trying to beat coverage to the corner with speed alone will work once, not every time.

Nelson was here last year, he's got the advantage of knowing that already. 

If Whitehead sticks around long enough, he'll hopefully learn to find seams and then use his speed rather than thinking speed creates seams.