Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr Dee

2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

They really don't like reality, much prefer their make believe world where the Riders are always the best at everything. 

CFL standings are #manipulatedstats

Pederson said the Esks are first in a bunch of categories but are the worst team in the league right now.

No, they aren't😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Booch said:

the funny part is Ryan beaking at him too....he can boom a punt sure...but thats not the be all end all...and they have given up most punt return td's and average gain on a return in league...lots of that is cause of your punter..100k well spent 

Exactly.

1. Why does he care?

2. We laughed and thanked him for crushing the ball into the endzone from midfield. 

He is all gas no brakes on punts. Not a good thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

CFL standings are #manipulatedstats

Pederson said the Esks are first in a bunch of categories but are the worst team in the league right now.

No, they aren't😂

Depending on if Harris is out or not I actually think the Esks are a far better team than the Riders are. It is a great shame that they don't play until the end of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Exactly.

1. Why does he care?

2. We laughed and thanked him for crushing the ball into the endzone from midfield. 

He is all gas no brakes on punts. Not a good thing 

and when he flubs one like he did on saturday all his coverage guys are caught out of position letting Grant run basically untouched into the endzone. 

They gotta haul ass so fast to try and get downfield to cover if it's ever short they are in trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

and when he flubs one like he did on saturday all his coverage guys are caught out of position letting Grant run basically untouched into the endzone. 

They gotta haul ass so fast to try and get downfield to cover if it's ever short they are in trouble. 

I thought Grant was well covered- just arm tackling like my 5yo daughter- wait; not true, I taught her to wrap up and drive through the center of the target.

 

My 5yo daughter tackles better than the riders...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Depending on if Harris is out or not I actually think the Esks are a far better team than the Riders are. It is a great shame that they don't play until the end of the year. 

They are, and far superior to Ottawa, BC and Toronto, let's not get crazy.

Edited by Geebrr
Forgot Ottawa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

and when he flubs one like he did on saturday all his coverage guys are caught out of position letting Grant run basically untouched into the endzone. 

They gotta haul ass so fast to try and get downfield to cover if it's ever short they are in trouble. 

Yep, a disaster waiting to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

That Pedersen video on 3down is some of the funniest **** I've seen in a long time

On so many levels! I've watched it way too many times, and analyzed it way too much. I love him basically saying at the end "well, hey, if that's what they wanted" - i.e. yes they did fire you for Derek Taylor. And being bestest pals with all the Riders and the biggest homer in the world perhaps wasn't what they were looking for, as it's a touch unprofessional. 

Edited by M.Silverback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he was here as a young kicker he improved greatly on his punting with and against the wind and his placement.  He had really good mentors.  The NFL is a different animal though. It is about hang time so you can force the fair catch.  The narrow field lessens the need for placement.  The hashes are so close together that you are always kicking from near the middle of the field and the angle to get it to the numbers in the NFL isn't even getting it past the other hash marks in the CFL.  There are so many adjustments going from one league to the other.  Ryan is finding out it extends to kickers too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fines of the week.

Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive lineman Micah Johnson was fined for a high hit on Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback, Chris Streveler.

Edmonton Eskimos defensive back Monshadrik Hunter was fined for a high hit on Calgary Stampeders receiver Colton Hunchak.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/11/two-players-fined-week-13-action/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

On so many levels! I've watched it way too many times, and analyzed it way too much. I love him basically saying at the end "well, hey, if that's what they wanted" - i.e. yes they did fire you for Derek Taylor. And being bestest pals with all the Riders and the biggest homer in the world perhaps wasn't what they were looking for, as it's a touch unprofessional. 

It’s like a 2am phone call to your ex ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Floyd said:

That Pedersen video on 3down is some of the funniest **** I've seen in a long time

Is there a link to it? I need a good laugh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Booch said:

YEAH was almost wondering if that was your ST Coordinators plan to keep things between the hashes...or just Ryan trying to he-man all his punts for the ooh-ahh effect...seemed odd

You guys were way better with Bartel at 3o to 40k cheaper most likely

Ironically our kick off coverage has been pretty good with same coach and same players, kind of proves the point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zontar said:

But..his "veteran leadership".

This isn't exclusive to the riders, teams do it all the time. Veteran leadership is a way to excuse lack of production. Bighill is making pretty good money to have 35 tackles isn't he?? He is done, but he is a hell of a leader isn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

and when he flubs one like he did on saturday all his coverage guys are caught out of position letting Grant run basically untouched into the endzone. 

They gotta haul ass so fast to try and get downfield to cover if it's ever short they are in trouble. 

We don't agree on much.. This is exactly the issue.  They are hauling ass trying to cover a 70 yard punt, who has time to be ready for a 40 yarder. They get caught and we are screwed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I for one hope that they play like the 1980s RoughRiders in this game.

Montreal was in the middle of a 25 year grey cup draught then so we can handle them as long as its the 80's allouettes too.  No cups between 77 and 02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...