2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

17 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Hey, Ed, let's not make a hasty coaching decision on a former Grey Cup winning coach before you interview LaPo. Do you like leading the league in rushing and short passes? WR sweeps? 

I hope that Hervey shows up in Saskatchewan during WF week and has some casual conversations with members of the Rider coaching staff. The irony of the situation would be too much. Maybe make coach Dicky an offer of HC and AGM as a promotion. Wouldn't that make Rider fans heads explode. They loved it when the RIders did it too Hervey....called him a big baby for complaining. Would love to see the shoe on the other foot.

NFL - Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely for hitting an opposing player with the player's helmet. 

CFL - Vernon Adams hits Adam Bighill with a helmet. CFL Officials - "What happened? Sorry, buddy, I was watching the guy returning the ball and must have missed that. So, you're still good to go there Vernon, keep playing. Hey, we'll watch the tape and maybe give him a one gamer. Sorry about that boys" 

18 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

NFL - Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely for hitting an opposing player with the player's helmet. 

CFL - Vernon Adams hits Adam Bighill with a helmet. CFL Officials - "What happened? Sorry, buddy, I was watching the guy returning the ball and must have missed that. So, you're still good to go there Vernon, keep playing. Hey, we'll watch the tape and maybe give him a one gamer. Sorry about that boys" 

"We'll suspend you right after you get done beating the Bombers, but don't hit anyone with a helmet again, it makes us look really bad."

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

On 2019-11-06 at 2:08 PM, JCon said:

The only thing I can think of is that voters were split, voting Medlock for kicker or punter but not both. Regardless, he didn't deserve the kicking, IMO, but definitely deserved the punting. 

I could see Medlocks kicking this year actually having hurt him on the voting for best punter.  He had a down year for field goal kicking this year.

34 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

I could see Medlocks kicking this year actually having hurt him on the voting for best punter.  He had a down year for field goal kicking this year.

Not really... career average is 86.5% and he was at 86%.  Only Whyte (87%), Bede (88.6%) and Castillo (91.1%) were better. 

The only thing that was down for him was field goal attempts (career low of 43... huge difference from a couple seasons ago where he had 70 attempts).

1 hour ago, M.Silverback said:

The only thing similar about the 2 plays was they both involved helmets.

1 hour ago, M.Silverback said:

Unfuckingbelievable 

Great to see Loffler planning his comeback, class act and solid performer, his critics can take their opinions regarding his importance to the secondary and shove them in one ear and out the other.  Yes his contribution was eventually replaced at Safety but it took 3/4 of the season to do so, and it was accomplished by Import Brandon Alexander not  by Natl's Jones or Hecht.

Taylor Loffler to return for 2020 season following third ACL surgery.

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/15/taylor-loffler-to-return-for-2020-season-following-third-acl-surgery/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

21 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Great to see Loffler planning his comeback, class act and solid performer, his critics can take their opinions regarding his importance to the secondary and shove them in one ear and out the other.  Yes his contribution was eventually replaced at Safety but it took 3/4 of the season to do so, and it was accomplished by Import Brandon Alexander not  by Natl's Jones or Hecht.

Taylor Loffler to return for 2020 season following third ACL surgery.

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/15/taylor-loffler-to-return-for-2020-season-following-third-acl-surgery/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

How many games in a row did the D not allow a touchdown in July?

41 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Not really... career average is 86.5% and he was at 86%.  Only Whyte (87%), Bede (88.6%) and Castillo (91.1%) were better. 

The only thing that was down for him was field goal attempts (career low of 43... huge difference from a couple seasons ago where he had 70 attempts).

huh... well I guess he ended up being excellent in the second half of the year.