2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Add another member to the CFL's list of global partners: https://www.cfl.ca/2019/11/04/japan-becomes-latest-gridiron-league-partner-cfl/

I understand that Japan becomes the latest league partner, but what I don’t understand is why Jpan85 didn’t break the news...

6 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I'm offended by this.  These stereotypical assumptions are not part of my Blue Bomber fan forum.  I will now stage a very loud protest :)

Perhaps I should be the offensive mastermind in the next game then..

Nevertheless, I have a solution for you.

Just stare at this red dot for the next few hours, and you will be relieved..

30772780-2-FD7-402-F-AA39-2-DE8-BCB5975-

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Much rather see us start 2020 with Khari as our HC than keep O'Shea.

Not saying he's a bad coach, just feels like it is time for a change given his weaknesses and (so far) inability to get this team over the hump.

But that's not going to happen...Khari's definitely not leaving Montreal.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Much rather see us start 2020 with Khari as our HC than keep O'Shea.

Not saying he's a bad coach, just feels like it is time for a change given his weaknesses and (so far) inability to get this team over the hump.

Would Jones leave Montreal for Winnipeg? Especially after the success he's had this season, I'd say that seems very unlikely.

Then there's this:

Edited by blue_gold_84
tweet added

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Would Jones leave Montreal for Winnipeg? Especially after the success he's had this season, I'd say that seems very unlikely.

Then there's this:

Imo it would come down to things like team control, qb, and money. If khari comes here, is he going to be able to fully hire the guys he wants to be his Asts? Will buck be forced on him, would he want buck? Will we have a qb better then vernon adams under contract? 

I suspect the new owners will be more then willing to let khari run the team how he wants to. He wont be looking up at walters and miller, will have more stability at qb, and im sure he will be able to get more of the coaches cap in his pocket with them. 

Randy Ambrosie telling BNN that he is trying to open up different markets for the CFL & to take it global. Although, I still don't see how a few Euros or Mexicans on CFL teams can transform the Mom & Pop CFL into a huge global concern. Can somebody enlighten me??

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/video/how-the-cfl-plans-to-transform-from-a-small-folksy-league~1820538

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2019-10-31 at 11:30 AM, TBURGESS said:

I'm not suggesting they switched anything. 

They aren't east vs west and they have zero problems selling their championship game. If east vs west isn't something that makes the championship sellable in the NFL then east vs west likely won't make our championship less sellable either. Therefore, 1 division should be as sellable as 2.

Sure, but under the same argument, you could use the following argument:

1. The Price is Right is a very successful game show, it has a spinning wheel.

2. The CFL does not have a spinning wheel.

3. The CFL should have a spinning wheel in the championship game to be successful as a league.