2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

I don’t see the Riders beating the winner of the WSF. I like that we get Calgary right out of the gate and that they don’t get a week to rest up before facing us. 

I will say that it seems that any team from the West will have trouble beating the Ticats this year, they’re also the only team in the league we didn’t beat. That’s not something I would’ve predicted at the beginning of the year, and certainly not when Masoli went down. 

Edited by Blueandgold

4 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I don’t see the Riders beating the winner of the WSF. I like that we get Calgary right out of the gate and that they don’t get a week to rest up before facing us. 

I will say that it seems that any team from the West will have trouble beating the Ticats this year, they’re also the only team in the league we didn’t beat. That’s not something I would’ve predicted at the beginning of the year, and certainly not when Masoli went down. 

Even more surprising considering how poor the rest of the East was is that the only Eastern team not to beat us was Ottawa. Thank gawd we didn't find a way to lose to them!

14 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I don't think the Ticats will make it out of the East. I see MOntreal. 

I also see the Bombers in the Grey Cup. 

Who will win? Bombers.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Campbell to Edm
OShea to Tor

that is surely bound to happen

Campbell to Edmonton, yes. 

I'm not buying the MOS to TO though. He likes it here. It shows when he talks to people. He likes coaching in front of the big crowd. He's also built something.

Yes, he loves his old organization but it's just shell of it's former self. No one in TO cares, except a handful of die-hards. It's not the same. 

My bet is that he's back. 

Desjardins finally showing his true colours as a  GM. Let the organization crumble by not signing key free agents. Campbell wouldn't work with him anymore so he resigns. Players complained about a lack of communication & the way they are being treated. Plus the team cratered.  More like the GM he was in Hamilton & not Ottawa.  The team burns to the ground & he gets rewarded. Bad times in Ottawa.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I expect Campbell to be Edmonton's next coach. 

Or BC. 

56 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I think Hodge May have a point here...

is masoli the type of qb you really gotta bring in a specific OC to get? I dont think so. First team with a contract paying starting qb money and a starting job for him gets him imo. 

If youre bringing condell and masoli and tasker, youre basically installing that system and need to go out and get the rest of the pieces too. namely the guys to run that blocking scheme. If you have the blocking, any legit cfl starting qb is going to do as well imo. 

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't think the Ticats will make it out of the East. I see MOntreal. 

I also see the Bombers in the Grey Cup. 

Who will win? Bombers.

I dont see the als in the GC. I see them playing hamilton very tightly in the WF. But I dont see that team turning the corner that fast. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I'm not buying the MOS to TO though. He likes it here. It shows when he talks to people. He likes coaching in front of the big crowd. He's also built something.

Yes, he loves his old organization but it's just shell of it's former self. No one in TO cares, except a handful of die-hards. It's not the same. 

This will be the big story of the off season for us. Id also through out that its possible (especially if we lose badly in the WSF) that miller/walters decides to take the team in a new direction. And the hot mess that is TO doesnt attract mos, and he goes to BC. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

All I want for Christmas is contract extensions for MOS and Walters, and new co-ordinators for 2020.....