2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

35 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I agree.  But I don't feel there are very many if any immature and insulting posters here.... and it made me think of some of them over at riderfans who are ridiculous.  So for a riderfans regular to come here and say that made me laugh.  

Fair Enough - I post over on RiderFans.com but am very careful what I post as they do tend to be very sensitive etc. But heck at least Nasty Nate AKA Lyle.E.Style is no longer welcome there.

Just now, Noeller said:

the thing about Fajardo's contract is that it's not guaranteed, so it's just a random number...when he goes back to proving that he's a generic 3rd string guy, they can ditch him outright. Really sucks for players, but makes things a lot easier for teams.

Good business. And, if Fredo can win in the playoffs, they get a good deal. Low risk. 

Contract seems pretty fair, given how much the qb payscale changed this past offseason. I would expect Evans to get around the same. I know he's not a pending fa, but I think he gets extended in the offseason. I bet Arbuckle's 7 game stint as a starter will get him somewhere between $350-400k.

BLM and Reilly blew up the qb payscale. Trying to reverse that would likely see a team end up with the least wanted qb of who's available.

Edited by sweep the leg

4 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I seem to remember the Bombers giving Nichols similar $$'s for a similar amount of work...so a fair signing.

If you think Cody ******* Fajardo is anywhere NEAR as good a QB as Matt Nichols, you're just ignorant....

50 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If you think Cody ******* Fajardo is anywhere NEAR as good a QB as Matt Nichols, you're just ignorant....

From Jan 18th, 2017 (Matt Nichols contract extension):

Financial details weren’t immediately available but Nichols will reportedly earn between $400,00 and $450,000 over the course of the deal.

With Nichols under centre, Winnipeg posted an 11-7 record to finish third in the West Division. The former Eastern Washington star was 10-3 as the Bombers’ starter and recorded career highs in passing yards (3,666), TDs (18), attempts (471) and completions (327) with just nine interceptions. (From AP services)

Nowhere did I say Fajardo was as good as Nichols (time will tell). But their situations are somewhat similar as Nichols came into the 'Peg and won some games and then signed a big contract. 

Like him or not, Cody Fajardo surprised everybody this year. Well, at least me. He’s came in and gave the Riders (spit) a chance to win games, and he executed the game plans designed for him. So he gets rewarded. I have no problem with that. I still have my questions on him, but so far, he’s proven us doubters wrong.

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

As much as rider fans like to complain about mcadoo the guy does put in a system that helps mask his qbs deficiencies. 

Interesting comment. Macadoo was nearly run out of town last year. Rider fans, seemingly in unison, blamed him for the offense's woes. This year not so much. I wonder what changed?!?!

52 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Interesting comment. Macadoo was nearly run out of town last year. Rider fans, seemingly in unison, blamed him for the offense's woes. This year not so much. I wonder what changed?!?!

He realized that there were plays printed on the back of the pages too

But seriously, if what Mike Reilly said about him in Edmonton holds water- his play calling builds on itself,  its complicated and takes studying and continuity-

He doesn't go to progression 2 or 3 until the players prove they have #1 down 

QBs like Bridge etc are not built for that 

59 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

He was just working with what he had. Guys who couldn't stay in the pocket so he rolled them out and took the shorter throws. It was an offence built to try and keep Collaros alive and deal with Bridges limitations. 

With Fajardo he can do some different things but he's got him making quick throws on slants and things like that. Pretty safe stuff, limited decision making, limited deep shots on account of Fajardo isn't a good deep ball qb. 

The guy is like the opposite of Lapolice. Where Lapolice fits people into his scheme Macadoo seems to build something to maximize what he has. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like some one is gonna over pay masoli for fear of not getting the "best" fa qb on the market. 

No way would I take a gamble with him coming back from such a serious injury, I guess if the price is right, but with it being such a heavily QB-driven league, he'll fetch a high price somewhere... Ottawa, Toronto, maybe? Of course, he'll most likely re-sign with Hamilton, players usually like to stay where they have set up shop, if they can.

7 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

No way would I take a gamble with him coming back from such a serious injury, I guess if the price is right, but with it being such a heavily QB-driven league, he'll fetch a high price somewhere... Ottawa, Toronto, maybe? Of course, he'll most likely re-sign with Hamilton, players usually like to stay where they have set up shop, if they can.

How about a FA QB coming off of shoulder surgery?