2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

5 hours ago, O2L said:

No matter which way you cut it, I think we need to resign ourselves to the fact that Sask is finishing first. Arguably the worst part of that is three games in a row against Calgary. 

They might get fat and sassy thinking it's in the bag, never know. 

16 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

*CHecks next week's schedule*...Those lucky motherfuckers in the rectangle province just get all the ******* breaks. 

It's like the football gods just when full mellonhead.

When the Eskies win today- all of the last games for the riders will be against teams with nothing left to play for....

Riders have been playing with a backup QB since week 1.  

1 hour ago, Brock Streveler said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Harris got tested after the game yesterday. 

You mean the guy who was the most tested in the league the last year? 

Steroids don't break tackles. You don't make massive gains on a 40 year old roid in a micro dose. 

The only difference the last few weeks is he got 24 carries. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

They might get fat and sassy thinking it's in the bag, never know. 

Yeah I more mean from a numbers standpoint. For us to finish first ahead of them, they’d need to lose two of their last three and we’d need to win out in a back to back with Calgary. For Calgary to finish ahead of them, they’ll have to beat us. So it’s a catch 22 because even if you win out, sask can still finish ahead of us thanks to the tiebreaker, in which case we then helped them get to first place. All things considered, they’re the most likely of the three teams to finish first based on who they’re playing and cal and us playing eachother. 

Edited by O2L

2 hours ago, O2L said:

Yeah I more mean from a numbers standpoint. For us to finish first ahead of them, they’d need to lose two of their last three and we’d need to win out in a back to back with Calgary. For Calgary to finish ahead of them, they’ll have to beat us. So it’s a catch 22 because even if you win out, sask can still finish ahead of us thanks to the tiebreaker, in which case we then helped them get to first place. All things considered, they’re the most likely of the three teams to finish first based on who they’re playing and cal and us playing eachother. 

Have to believe we'll be seeing a lot of the stumps in the next little while AND IF that's the case I hope we can knock them off twice  (tall order) and get the semi at home.... In any case I think we'll be sick of each other by then ... and if we can advance, ready ourselves to pound the riders in their own backyard....Dreamin in hi-definition,possibly, but after 29 yrs. of empty, I'm grasping at anything

On a little side note.....Is the ad at the top of the 'topic listing' page on this site ...stumptown...Is that the new name for Calgary ///  and how did they get a series

Edited by Stickem

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yes- what's your point?

They still benefited from a soft schedule and also timely injuries/suspensions. 

This kind of argument is weak.

You can only play the hand you are dealt and whether we like it or not, the Riders played their hand well; they did what they had to do.

The Bombers folded early and pissed away a first place finish.  We’ve earned our spot at the table but could be in a much better position.

4 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

This kind of argument is weak.

You can only play the hand you are dealt and whether we like it or not, the Riders played their hand well; they did what they had to do.

The Bombers folded early and pissed away a first place finish.  We’ve earned our spot at the table but could be in a much better position.

Weak argument?

Did the riders benefit from a weak schedule?

Were they not the benefactors of timely injuries, suspensions and early called games?

Are their last three games against opponents that have nothing left to really play for?

That was was my argument. You brought all the other stuff in. 

8 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Weak argument?

Did the riders benefit from a weak schedule?

Were they not the benefactors of timely injuries, suspensions and early called games?

Are their last three games against opponents that have nothing left to really play for?

That was was my argument. You brought all the other stuff in. 

Yes .. it’s weak.

Who cares what goes on outside of your own (the team’s) control. Win the games you should, put yourself in the right position .. handle your own business .. and **** has a way of working out.

As much as I hate to say it, we didn’t do that and the Riders did.

And what stuff did I bring in? Genuinely curious.

3 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Yes .. it’s weak.

Who cares what goes on outside of your own (the team’s) control. Win the games you should, put yourself in the right position .. handle your own business .. and **** has a way of working out.

As much as I hate to say it, we didn’t do that and the Riders did.

And what stuff did I bring in? Genuinely curious.

I am just talking about the riders soft schedule and lucky breaks.

Not bemoaning anything about the Bombers- they made their bed, they need to deal with what the have. 

And I 100% agree with you, we should have won the games we needed to. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

6 hours ago, Brock Streveler said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Harris got tested after the game yesterday. 

You're dumb. He has to go through mandatory tests for the rest year.

Theres a stupid narrative that AFTER his suspension his play would drop off....because stupid people...think that if he was in fact doping on purpose, he would have stopped just as the news came out. Not realizing that all the testing etc etc took place in July. So had he been doping to get a head, he would have stopped well before his suspension. His play now is exactly the same as it was in july, which isnt at all surprising when you actually look at the facts of his case and not just read mindless thread posts from bitter crider "fans".

5 hours ago, O2L said:

Hmm ... in that case I think I'd rather go to Mosaic for the WF than McMahon and I'd like to host the WSF against the Stumps.

Just now, 17to85 said:

What's the tie breaker situation if all of Winnipeg Calgary and Saskatchewan are tied?

Though that is probably only possible if they were all 11-7 eh...not too likely.

It's very possible. In that scenario I believe we would host the WSF and the Riders would host the WF.

As of today , only the Stamps  control their own destiny to finish first -  and I don't put anything past those whiny cheating bastages 

Regardless -  Happy Thanksgiving to all CFL fans, safe travels, enjoy family and the important things in life 

29 minutes ago, J5V said:

It's very possible. In that scenario I believe we would host the WSF and the Riders would host the WF.

Not sure about that, because Calgary has the tiebreaker against Sask. I believe next in line is combined wins against eachother? Or maybe divisional wins?