2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

5 hours ago, Booch said:

agree...real crap shoot this year...I actually kinda like we are taking a big greasy dump right now...gota few weeks to figure it out as opposed to taking one in week 18

If you are going to slump it was a good time. 

3 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Hughes, Jefferson, Begelton should all be placed ahead of Fajardo in the West MOP race. A QB with 14 td passes should not be MOP.

20 tackles and 11 sacks.  Outside of Winnipeg and Glen Suitors mind there is no way Jefferson is even a remote candidate for MOP.

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

You omitted his league lead in forced fumbles and his high number of pass knockdowns. Honestly Andrew Harris should be the West MOP.

Yoga boy is getting zero votes, would be a waste to even nominate him.  Never said Willie wasn't playing good football, but no where near good enough to be considered for MOP

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

Yoga boy is getting zero votes, would be a waste to even nominate him.  Never said Willie wasn't playing good football, but no where near good enough to be considered for MOP

What moves the needle more ...CFL Player Award or Big Play Chain ? 

Go.

Edited by Zontar

12 hours ago, Ripper said:

20 tackles and 11 sacks.  Outside of Winnipeg and Glen Suitors mind there is no way Jefferson is even a remote candidate for MOP.

forced fumbles...knockdowns...impact in a game....pressures...even tho not an official stat all factor into things as well...Hughes is having a good year...but isn't as big an impact guy on a defense

2 hours ago, Booch said:

forced fumbles...knockdowns...impact in a game....pressures...even tho not an official stat all factor into things as well...Hughes is having a good year...but isn't as big an impact guy on a defense

Hughes needs 11 tackles, 3 sacks and 1 FF to tie career highs. He is having a great year.  As I said, Jefferson is a good player and having a good year.  We will agree to disagree on this one as to the DPOY

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

That big play chain makes me think of the movie Django unchained..... there just seems something inherently wrong with it..

I'm not crazy about it. I don't really care though to be honest, if the team likes it then its fine. Its really not much of a issue either way

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'm not crazy about it. I don't really care though to be honest, if the team likes it then its fine. Its really not much of a issue either way

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Big play chain for sure.  The Bombers couldn't wait to do it too

Looks like you liked it enough to try and troll with it lol.

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Looks like you liked it enough to try and troll with it lol.

Just pointing out that for all the jokes and comments here I noticed your team thought it was ok.  That's not trolling. Your team has it too so making fun of someone else is a bit silly isn't it? Where did the Bombers get the idea from I wonder?

20 hours ago, Booch said:

agree...real crap shoot this year...I actually kinda like we are taking a big greasy dump right now...gota few weeks to figure it out as opposed to taking one in week 18

Ummm, Bombers just dropped from 1st place to 3rd place to 2 teams that have played one less game than them.  Other than playoffs this is the worst possible time to nosedive. 

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Just pointing out that for all the jokes and comments here I noticed your team thought it was ok.  That's not trolling. Your team has it too so making fun of someone else is a bit silly isn't it? Where did the Bombers get the idea from I wonder?

Many here don't care.  And it was pointed out here while you were away hiding.

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You don’t get the pointed barb that the Bomber’s chain is just making fun of that horrible bling idea?

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

all these super defensive Riders fans pouring over here makes me think they're really really scared...

They certainly didn't come around when they got curb-stomped at IG Field. A lot like a few others that disappear when the Bombers are winning. 

A side note/rant, not on this topic at all... I really hate using CFL_News in any tweets or retweets. They take someone else's work and put it into their own tweet. Usually, those are professionals that rely on the their Twitter traffic for their job. If someone wants to use their rework, they should retweet it properly, so that the professional gets the credit. Rant done.