2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

27 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I hope Zack is ok and I totally understand the move and why it was made. I have read some not very flattering things about him on this site. I was more referring to that

Have you seen some of the things that have been said about Nichols or (to a lesser extent) Steveler on here?

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

You have to question Collaro's smarts to try to play again after so many serious injuries and facing the reality that another concussion could screw him up for life.

Concussions will do that to you. Your judgment is a little more impaired with each ring of the bell. Poor guy. I wonder who the next Simoni Lawrence will be.

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Collaros in Bomber blue. Interesting to see how the spin goes on this one.  I can't wait

I just can't understand this move at all. He could get concussed doing up his chin strap. With each snap he takes I'll be cringing.

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

I hope Zack is ok and I totally understand the move and why it was made. I have read some not very flattering things about him on this site. I was more referring to that

Is it some kind of delicious irony where the Riders concuss him in the WSF and end our season as revenge for last year? Isn't it enough that you embarrassed us last week? You people are evil.

6 hours ago, J5V said:

I just can't understand this move at all. He could get concussed doing up his chin strap. With each snap he takes I'll be cringing.

Zack will take the actual time on the bench with the young qb and show him some stuff. He will be the veteran presence that maybe is missing. Lapo has done a good job with Nichols for the most part and lets not pretend Matt is durable. You look at Nichols the wrong way and he is hurt so not much different.  Collaros plays pretty much the same game as Nichols. No big arm to go deep, doesn't run, can read defenses, is good at the short passes. Is veterean enough to read blitzes. Collaros is not garbage but he is damaged goods buts lets not pretend he will be back with your team next year anyway. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess.  I honestly wish him the best and hope he is ok. 

5 hours ago, J5V said:

Is it some kind of delicious irony where the Riders concuss him in the WSF and end our season as revenge for last year? Isn't it enough that you embarrassed us last week? You people are evil.

On the contrary I think the Riders won't have the heart to do that to him, he is a team mate in our locker room in the eyes of many. I'm not sure you will see us again this year anyway so that's probably for the best for everyone

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

On the contrary I think the Riders won't have the heart to do that to him, he is a team mate in our locker room in the eyes of many. I'm not sure you will see us again this year anyway so that's probably for the best for everyone

Oh I dunno, it'll be pretty hard for the Riders to cross over at this point, they will be in the west playoffs and we will get the chance to beat you again. 

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You stick with whatever makes you feel good. 

I think your team has a tougher schedule remaining than people think. Yes Logan Kilgore is awful, but so is Fajardo and I don't think a Rider sweep of the Esks at the end of the year is guaranteed, not to mention a game vs. the Stamps who won't bring the bullshit game plan the Bombers did so I see them picking up the win there. 

Your team is in first now, but I don't believe they are in a terribly comfortable position there. 

Meanwhile I don't believe the doom and gloom surrounding the Bombers now either. Here's how I see it playing out: Same as last year truthfully. Unfortunately for us gassing the game last week cost us the series vs. the Riders so hosting will be tricky, but it is what it is. 

MOS has always been one of the more creative coaches, eg leaving the short yardage QB in for the play after the first down with a hurry up call

I can see him going with Streveler,  but if 2 or 3 straight drives end as 2 and outs and it looks like the young QB is getting rattled, then ZC trots out for one series only , while Streveler watches with the coach, to see the plays and timing from the sidelines ,;with the full understanding that Streveler goes back in

Ken Miller did a similar thing to Durant back in 08-09

3 minutes ago, VoR said:

MOS has always been one of the more creative coaches, eg leaving the short yardage QB in for the play after the first down with a hurry up call

I can see him going with Streveler,  but if 2 or 3 straight drives end as 2 and outs and it looks like the young QB is getting rattled, then ZC trots out for one series only , while Streveler watches with the coach, to see the plays and timing from the sidelines ,;with the full understanding that Streveler goes back in

Ken Miller did a similar thing to Durant back in 08-09

I'm a big believer that you have to let a QB stay in for extended periods of time for them to get into a rhythm. Platooning is no good for anyone...awful idea.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm a big believer that you have to let a QB stay in for extended periods of time for them to get into a rhythm. Platooning is no good for anyone...awful idea.

Not really platooning- if the starter is playing well then it never happens , more like a rebreather , only used in the certain situation where it looks like the young QB needs a mental reset, before they get sucked into a panic vortex

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Actually not sure how you determine that we won't see you again....playoff positions are hardly set and any of the top 3 could end up in first...or 3rd...getting pretty cocky there with how you percieve your team

Just bugging you guys.  It will be a dog fight right to the end.  Never know how it will go. We could win them all or we could lose them all.  I've been a fan for many years.  I have seen us grab defeat from the clutches of victory many times. One thing is for sure, it will be exciting for the rest of the year