2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Why would they make this announcement?  They have some decent players on their roster to build up with, why announce to the world that they're ready to trash what they have and start from scratch with no assets.  T.O. doesn't need another complete rebuild they need gradual improvement spurred by a good O-Line and a decent QB.  It's a good thing they brought John Murphy on board, at least he knows what he's doing, I have no use for Pinball and his yammering gullet, can't build a team on inspirational catch phrases and hallelujahs. 

You can turn a team over pretty quickly. I bet most of the players that are truly available are on expiring contracts. 

You can sell it to player saying that we're sending you where you'll get at least one playoff paycheque. Come back next spring. 

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Trade deadline extended to 5 pm Eastern.....Mike O was asked if the Bombers would make any moves today......said nothing in the works...........Status quo it looks like for the rest of the year....UNLESS??

If it’s status quo I’d get rid of them all this offseason. Another year of not good enough. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Didn't get him for free. It's also going to be really windy on Saturday, so he may get hurt standing on the sidelines. Maybe they can borrow one of the balls from the Power97 race? 

In a complete spin of irony... the trade was actually Collaros FOR the Power 97 balls!  Home Depot is also all out of bubble wrap after Khari Jones & Dave Dickenson made some online purchases!

57 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

In a complete spin of irony... the trade was actually Collaros FOR the Power 97 balls!  Home Depot is also all out of bubble wrap after Khari Jones & Dave Dickenson made some online purchases!

You have to question Collaro's smarts to try to play again after so many serious injuries and facing the reality that another concussion could screw him up for life.