2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

On 2019-10-05 at 12:15 PM, 17to85 said:

German dude the Bombers got has taken some reps on defense and even looked half assed decent. 

Yeah.. And this was just the scraps left over in the semi-pro leagues.  Starting next year teams will be able to draft global graduating NCAA players.  That talent pool is growing by the year. 

38 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Interesting timing on Popp.

Let the new guy come in and get a couple games to decide who is staying and who is leaving. What's interesting about the timing is that it would strongly suggest they have his replacement ready or had to let him go because Popp was going to start unloading assets prior to the deadline in an effort to keep his job.

It just goes to show you that an all star QB can make even the General Manager look good.  Popp was once the wonderkid of the CFL and as soon as AC retired his career to a quick drop off. 

The shine came off quickly but I think he did himself no favours by taking on the coaching duties in Mtl. 

popp found some good players I think. Couldn't name one, but I have the idea that Monteal also had a good defence during Popp's time there.

well, bear woods for one. did he bring Bowman up here? Chip Cox maybe... all good players. and some good receivers, and Montreal had a good O line, and running backs.

can't really do much without a good quarterback.

wonder how Chris Jones is doing in Cleveland?

Edited by Mark F

28 minutes ago, Mark F said:

popp found some good players I think. Couldn't name one, but I have the idea that Monteal also had a good defence during Popp's time there.

well, bear woods for one. did he bring Bowman up here? Chip Cox maybe... all good players. and some good receivers, and Montreal had a good O line, and running backs.

Based on the way the Niners walked through them yesterday, not so well. 

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Let the new guy come in and get a couple games to decide who is staying and who is leaving. What's interesting about the timing is that it would strongly suggest they have his replacement ready or had to let him go because Popp was going to start unloading assets prior to the deadline in an effort to keep his job.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

He did, just not in a dogs age. 

Im kind of surprised pinball is again stepping into the argos front office. I always thought more of him as a coach then a scout. 

13 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Job 1. Signing Jeremiah Masoli.

Im betting since pinball isnt the coach and they have established the top half of the regime, they will target MoS as their primary target in the off season.

I really think that if you are gonna go with Masoli, you gotta use a hamilton heavy style of offense. I dont see him doing well in a traditional cfl offense. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

can you EVEN imagine.................? I might kill someone.......

They can just go ahead and cancel my season tickets if they would even contemplate this.  I don't want to see him back in any capacity next season, never mind giving him a promotion!

Edited by bigg jay

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

can you EVEN imagine.................? I might kill someone.......

23 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

yeah... with Oshea looking like a definite contender for the Argo head coach gig.

we might be left with LaPolice as the our head coach. not sure im gonna be happy with that.

I dont mind plop as a HC. If he could keep his hands off the play call and let an OC do the job hed be fine. But I doubt he could.