2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

See nothing Fajardo does is impressive to me. Even a couple of those deep shots he completed against the Als, with better awareness from the db they could easily have been picked. Guy relies on quick hitters and escaping the pocket. His arm isn't good enough for me to really worry about that guy as a passer. Figure he's a one hit wonder for this season and nothing more. 

32 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

See nothing Fajardo does is impressive to me. Even a couple of those deep shots he completed against the Als, with better awareness from the db they could easily have been picked. Guy relies on quick hitters and escaping the pocket. His arm isn't good enough for me to really worry about that guy as a passer. Figure he's a one hit wonder for this season and nothing more. 

Agreed. I seem to recall Jennings having quite the season once upon a time. Seems like a distant memory now. I feel the same will come with Fajardo. 

In fairness to Fajardo... he definitely handles pressure and makes much smarter decisions then Jennings ever did.   When Jennings had his big season it was him using his legs to buy time and throwing a bomb to one of his elite receivers who would win most of those 50/50 battles.  

With Fajardo he at least has some pocket presence and composure and can make the smart play.   To me he's much closer to Nichols then to Jennings.   I only question his arm strength and his ability to stretch the field if the short game is taken away from him  (sounds a lot like Nichols). 

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

In fairness to Fajardo... he definitely handles pressure and makes much smarter decisions then Jennings ever did.   When Jennings had his big season it was him using his legs to buy time and throwing a bomb to one of his elite receivers who would win most of those 50/50 battles.  

With Fajardo he at least has some pocket presence and composure and can make the smart play.   To me he's much closer to Nichols then to Jennings.   I only question his arm strength and his ability to stretch the field if the short game is taken away from him  (sounds a lot like Nichols). 

Which one is faster ?

It is strange about how the media talks about Laurence compared to how they talked about the centre who was considered to be too dirty for the league (name escapes me).  They had a camera isolated on him the entire game.  Whereas Laurence is a leader.

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Thanks.  I was trying to post the video,  screwed it up.  Was curious what you guys thought about this garbage play

Simoni is a piece of garbage. If these players are truly a "brotherhood" as they profess to be at CBA time then they shouldn't allow this to happen. The league can only do so much with fines and suspensions, they players themselves are the only ones that can stop this type of behaviour.

51 minutes ago, MC said:

It is strange about how the media talks about Laurence compared to how they talked about the centre who was considered to be too dirty for the league (name escapes me).  They had a camera isolated on him the entire game.  Whereas Laurence is a leader.

Brandon Dyson, and he was railroaded. 

Plenty  of guys in the league as dirty that got celebrated.

12 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Paredes is the best kicker.  Leone is the best punter.  Medlock is the best combo guy.  

Paredes isn’t even on their list? 

I would have Medlock over Leone. Leone can boot it but he puts it into the endzone way too often, it seems. 

Edited by JCon