2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

IMO - our first pick will be a DB.

We've gone CND at safety and that's probably the spot where we could use an upgrade the most... linebackers are fairly set as IMP and on the DL we've already drafted our Thomas replacement/backup for Kongbo.

Fairly obvious we don't need to spend an early pick on OL for the next draft given our current situation (maybe a later round pick on someone who needs training but has the right body).  Receiver could be an option for an early CND pick depending on how much they like Demski/Petermann, RB I think we're set with Oliviera/Augustine/Harris.

With the amount of free agents it's really hard to see how the 2020 roster even looks from this far out.

On 2019-09-11 at 7:54 PM, Ripper said:

Montreal was in the middle of a 25 year grey cup draught then so we can handle them as long as its the 80's allouettes too.  No cups between 77 and 02

C'mon now, that's not fair. Montreal didn't have a team from 1987 - 1995. Not only that, the team they became (Baltimore Stallions), actually won the Grey Cup in 1995. The only American CFL team ever to do so.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Not sure how Exume jumped Derek Jones and Dondre Wright as our next starting safety besides being good at special teams... and 'new'

Would be a nice story but I don't see it happening - think he mostly played Field CB anyway

Give Derek Jones another 5 years and he might figure out why he wants to be a football player.

O-Shea: "Hey Derek, we just lost Loffler,  we know you're a starter and you've certainly paid your dues, how would you like to start at Safety this year?

Jones: "Ah...sure Coach, wherefore does I stand?"

O-Shea: "Hmmm......Derek, meet Jeff Hecht."

Jones: "Gee, he's a real shorty."

Hecht: "Hi Derek, if you've got a minute can you give my socks a quick rinse."

Jones: "......hokay."

7 hours ago, BomberfanMKS said:

IMO - our first pick will be a DB.

We've gone CND at safety and that's probably the spot where we could use an upgrade the most... linebackers are fairly set as IMP and on the DL we've already drafted our Thomas replacement/backup for Kongbo.

Fairly obvious we don't need to spend an early pick on OL for the next draft given our current situation (maybe a later round pick on someone who needs training but has the right body).  Receiver could be an option for an early CND pick depending on how much they like Demski/Petermann, RB I think we're set with Oliviera/Augustine/Harris.

History says Walters always pick an OL or DL on first round. Couture will be an FA after this year and surprise retirement(s) happens.

So always pick top prospect(s) for the trenches.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

6 hours ago, Noeller said:

Hecht is often late getting to a play, so he definitely doesn't have big time speed, but I think more often than not he's in the right place and gets the job done. Serviceable is right....

Hecht is good with the ball in the air but once he’s gotta make a play in the open field he’s pretty ... bad 

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Patrice Rene will fall like Loffler did...  would be a steal in the 4th

Dev Lamour has a great name - I hope we pick him

Auclair looks like he could be a safety prospect too

I see that shot at my comments about you that you tossed in there 😂

all in good fun 

13 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

C'mon now, that's not fair. Montreal didn't have a team from 1987 - 1995. Not only that, the team they became (Baltimore Stallions), actually won the Grey Cup in 1995. The only American CFL team ever to do so.

Baltimore became MTL. Alouettes ceased to exist in 1987. Nice to think it's a seamless timeline but in reality today's AL'S  are just the relocated Stallions. 

29 minutes ago, Booch said:

So Hughes has been one-gamed...I guess ol Dickie trying to preserve him so he doesn't fall off the map yet again as he has seemed to already have started his swoon..

The green bog is claiming he must be sick because he was late for practise......  I bet he was late cause he was hung over

I actually love watching Fajardo succeed the same way we pulled Nichols off the scrap heap...  now who is the next great ‘journeyman’...  both these guys lucked out with coordinators that suited their skills... ie McAdoo sucks and so does Fajardo so it kind of works

jennings, Franklin, Evans all don’t jive with their OCs

Someone should sign Mitchell gale...!!

Edited by Floyd