2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

5 hours ago, Booch said:

the funny part is Ryan beaking at him too....he can boom a punt sure...but thats not the be all end all...and they have given up most punt return td's and average gain on a return in league...lots of that is cause of your punter..100k well spent 

Exactly.

1. Why does he care?

2. We laughed and thanked him for crushing the ball into the endzone from midfield. 

He is all gas no brakes on punts. Not a good thing 

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

CFL standings are #manipulatedstats

Pederson said the Esks are first in a bunch of categories but are the worst team in the league right now.

No, they aren't😂

Depending on if Harris is out or not I actually think the Esks are a far better team than the Riders are. It is a great shame that they don't play until the end of the year. 

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Exactly.

1. Why does he care?

2. We laughed and thanked him for crushing the ball into the endzone from midfield. 

He is all gas no brakes on punts. Not a good thing 

and when he flubs one like he did on saturday all his coverage guys are caught out of position letting Grant run basically untouched into the endzone. 

They gotta haul ass so fast to try and get downfield to cover if it's ever short they are in trouble. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

and when he flubs one like he did on saturday all his coverage guys are caught out of position letting Grant run basically untouched into the endzone. 

They gotta haul ass so fast to try and get downfield to cover if it's ever short they are in trouble. 

I thought Grant was well covered- just arm tackling like my 5yo daughter- wait; not true, I taught her to wrap up and drive through the center of the target.

My 5yo daughter tackles better than the riders...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Depending on if Harris is out or not I actually think the Esks are a far better team than the Riders are. It is a great shame that they don't play until the end of the year. 

They are, and far superior to Ottawa, BC and Toronto, let's not get crazy.

Edited by Geebrr
Forgot Ottawa

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yep, a disaster waiting to happen.

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

That Pedersen video on 3down is some of the funniest **** I've seen in a long time

On so many levels! I've watched it way too many times, and analyzed it way too much. I love him basically saying at the end "well, hey, if that's what they wanted" - i.e. yes they did fire you for Derek Taylor. And being bestest pals with all the Riders and the biggest homer in the world perhaps wasn't what they were looking for, as it's a touch unprofessional. 

Edited by M.Silverback

When he was here as a young kicker he improved greatly on his punting with and against the wind and his placement.  He had really good mentors.  The NFL is a different animal though. It is about hang time so you can force the fair catch.  The narrow field lessens the need for placement.  The hashes are so close together that you are always kicking from near the middle of the field and the angle to get it to the numbers in the NFL isn't even getting it past the other hash marks in the CFL.  There are so many adjustments going from one league to the other.  Ryan is finding out it extends to kickers too.

Fines of the week.

Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive lineman Micah Johnson was fined for a high hit on Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback, Chris Streveler.

Edmonton Eskimos defensive back Monshadrik Hunter was fined for a high hit on Calgary Stampeders receiver Colton Hunchak.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/11/two-players-fined-week-13-action/

3 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

On so many levels! I've watched it way too many times, and analyzed it way too much. I love him basically saying at the end "well, hey, if that's what they wanted" - i.e. yes they did fire you for Derek Taylor. And being bestest pals with all the Riders and the biggest homer in the world perhaps wasn't what they were looking for, as it's a touch unprofessional. 

It’s like a 2am phone call to your ex ... 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

YEAH was almost wondering if that was your ST Coordinators plan to keep things between the hashes...or just Ryan trying to he-man all his punts for the ooh-ahh effect...seemed odd

You guys were way better with Bartel at 3o to 40k cheaper most likely

Ironically our kick off coverage has been pretty good with same coach and same players, kind of proves the point

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

We don't agree on much.. This is exactly the issue.  They are hauling ass trying to cover a 70 yard punt, who has time to be ready for a 40 yarder. They get caught and we are screwed.