2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

Anyone see this little gem from the least biased CFL commentator? Not sure what he wanted - Bob Irving to rave about Dickensen for not exploding at the end of the game? To me, the two games are way different and O'Shea's reaction to the hit in the game was at least understandable. 

http://rodpedersen.com/throwin-elbows-with-brendan-mcguire-31/

2. BOB IRVING TURNING INTO A BIG HOMER: “Knuckles” has been doing the Bomber broadcasts for nearly 50 years and he still calls the games with good objectivity and is not afraid to criticize his home team. But it’s really twitter where he’s becoming a Rockstar know-it-all. He supported Mike O’Shea’s railing against the Roughriders for injuring Winnipeg’s long-snapper with no mention of Willie Jefferson’s cheap shot on Cody Fajardo. And yet no credit for Craig Dickenson who, unlike O’Shea, didn’t explode after his loss or whine like a baby over missed calls. But rather, smiled, shook O’Shea’s hand and congratulated him on their win. The Mike O’Shea’s, Bob Irving’s and plenty of other Winnipeg fans of the Canadian football world could learn a thing or two from Craig Dickenson.    

4 minutes ago, cptkirk said:

The Mike O’Shea’s, Bob Irving’s and plenty of other Winnipeg fans of the Canadian football world could learn a thing or two from Craig Dickenson.    

this is easily the funniest thing I've read online today.....

9 minutes ago, cptkirk said:

Anyone see this little gem from the least biased CFL commentator? Not sure what he wanted - Bob Irving to rave about Dickensen for not exploding at the end of the game? To me, the two games are way different and O'Shea's reaction to the hit in the game was at least understandable. 

2. BOB IRVING TURNING INTO A BIG HOMER: “Knuckles” has been doing the Bomber broadcasts for nearly 50 years and he still calls the games with good objectivity and is not afraid to criticize his home team. But it’s really twitter where he’s becoming a Rockstar know-it-all.

Bob Irving is a Rockstar know-it-all!!!

Actually Bob Irving could give Pedersen some valuable lessons in measured objectivity and more importantly......class.   Assuming that this guy, who is a notorious Rider lackey... had enough firing neurons, to absorb it.

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

Pedersen is an absolute embarrassment to the Riders and CFL.

Can someone in Saskatchewan please fire his ass? He's so bad that even the general public there must know he's a disgrace 

he DID get fired and he's got nothing to do with the Riders anymore....I believe he now lives and works in Calgary.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

he DID get fired and he's got nothing to do with the Riders anymore....I believe he now lives and works in Calgary.

He has the Rod Pedersen podcast. He was selling merch and recording a podcast outside the stadium for the LDC. 

EDIT: I just assume he's homeless and rides the Regina transit, talking to himself and uploading it to the internet. 

Edited by JCon

42 minutes ago, cptkirk said:

2. BOB IRVING TURNING INTO A BIG HOMER: “Knuckles” has been doing the Bomber broadcasts for nearly 50 years and he still calls the games with good objectivity and is not afraid to criticize his home team. But it’s really twitter where he’s becoming a Rockstar know-it-all. He supported Mike O’Shea’s railing against the Roughriders for injuring Winnipeg’s long-snapper with no mention of Willie Jefferson’s cheap shot on Cody Fajardo. And yet no credit for Craig Dickenson who, unlike O’Shea, didn’t explode after his loss or whine like a baby over missed calls. But rather, smiled, shook O’Shea’s hand and congratulated him on their win. The Mike O’Shea’s, Bob Irving’s and plenty of other Winnipeg fans of the Canadian football world could learn a thing or two from Craig Dickenson.    

**** off Pedersen.......simple as that.

4 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Not that funny. Only two QBs have played every game for their team this season up to this point. 

And your point? It’s just interesting that someone who has missed a quarter of the season is still number two in passing touchdowns. I know injuries to other quarterbacks play a role that’s kind of the point. 

3 hours ago, cptkirk said:

Lol, I'm not surprised Pedersen doesn't see the difference between the hit on Rempel and the one on Fajardo. QBs get hit high all the time unfortunately, but when was the last time a long snapper been knocked over?

Edited by WinnipegGordo

But, on TWITTER Bob mentioned how classy Dickenson's response to the situation was. WTF rod...

"Craig Dicenson's response to the Oshea-Rempel scenario demonstrates what kind of class act he is and always has been. A true credit to the CFL."

That's the tweet Bob sent out...what more do you want Rod?

Someone tweet that **** to him, cause he blocked me on twitter years ago.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 hours ago, cptkirk said:

And yet no credit for Craig Dickenson who, unlike O’Shea, didn’t explode after his loss or whine like a baby over missed calls. But rather, smiled, shook O’Shea’s hand and congratulated him on their win. 

Did he expect anything else after O’Shea had “approached” Dickenson with, how should I put  it? Attitude...

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Did he expect anything else after O’Shea had “approached” Dickenson with, how should I put  it? Attitude...

The fear O'Shea put into dickenson carried over into the next game,  and went from dickenson right through his whole team for the week leading up to the banjo bowl...... it showed on the field 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

And your point? It’s just interesting that someone who has missed a quarter of the season is still number two in passing touchdowns. I know injuries to other quarterbacks play a role that’s kind of the point. 

The point is that 9 games is actually quite a few relative to the amount that most of the starting QBs in the league so naturally he’s going to have more passing TDs than say, Mitchell or Masoli. And if we’re using passing TDs exclusively as a metric, he has far fewer than MBT in roughly the same number of games and most people agree that MBT is pretty bad.