2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Ahh so Kongbo stepping up is an absolute coup for us - HUUUUGGEEE... but Betts rotating with Boateng is just no big deal - Yawn.

Okey dokey ha

Betts can't play teams, lber, DT etc. It's hard for a back up rotational end to be exceptional just pass rushing. 

I'm a big fan of Betts, Kongbo isn't the same kind of prospect. Kongbo was the best talent in the league and a steal. Betts could be one of the better nis in the league in a few years. Where as Kongbo could be playing significant minutes in the NFL at that point.

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Betts can't play teams, lber, DT etc. It's hard for a back up rotational end to be exceptional just pass rushing. 

I'm a big fan of Betts, Kongbo isn't the same kind of prospect. Kongbo was the best talent in the league and a steal. Betts could be one of the better nis in the league in a few years. Where as Kongbo could be playing significant minutes in the NFL at that point.

Reminds me of when we dodged the bullet by not signing Messam because he couldn't play 'teams' haha

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Reminds me of when we dodged the bullet by not signing Messam because he couldn't play 'teams' haha

I would have taken Messam as a player in a heart beat. As a head case not so much. In this league as a back up Canadian you have to play teams. And you have to do it well. A starter doesn't need to. Messam was a starter Betts isn't yet. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I would have taken Messam as a player in a heart beat. As a head case not so much. In this league as a back up Canadian you have to play teams. And you have to do it well. A starter doesn't need to. Messam was a starter Betts isn't yet. 

Get back to me after Betts is actually rostered and we see if he plays 'teams' or not...

Betts I think was a bit over hyped..but we will see..but he doeant have the same tool box Kongbo has..or the potential. 

Have to remember that Kongbo is still learning the Canadian game..and fresh off of ACL rebuild...he will be even more impressive next yr 2 years removed from surgery..speaking from experience btw

What I meant tho on he wont be much help to them is that de is not an issue for them..Dline in general isnt so even if he rotates in for Boateng..its insignificant really

Just now, Booch said:

Betts I think was a bit over hyped..but we will see..but he doeant have the same tool box Kongbo has..or the potential. 

Have to remember that Kongbo is still learning the Canadian game..and fresh off of ACL rebuild...he will be even more impressive next yr 2 years removed from surgery..speaking from experience btw

What I meant tho on he wont be much help to them is that de is not an issue for them..Dline in general isnt so even if he rotates in for Boateng..its insignificant really

I just see it as opening up a DI spot for now

I wouldn't say its 'huge' for this season but its huge in the same sense that Geoff Gray was 'huge' for us even if he didn't play much that first season