2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I honestly think JWL will weaken the Riders. Why? Because it if rumor is true it will mean K. Moore is out. He has been the slant king for the Riders. JWL is a deep threat but will have a hard time fitting into the Riders newfound Lapo Lite offence.

He has such a great repoire  with cody I cant see him being the odd man out. With a young novice starting QB chemistry with a WR is huge. Just like woli was for streveler last year. That would indeed be an issue for them. 

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Then Ottawa fires Campbell... Lapo goes to Ottawa and fetch Claybrooks with him... we fire Hall and hire Campbell as DC with Nelson as one of his assistant... and it goes and goes

Desjardins would be insane to fire Campbell. He was the best hire of the new franchise and would be snapped up SAP.

6 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Arceneaux seems like the obvious choice to take out of the lineup. 

Maybe. However he's playing F WR and Moore is in JWL's spot from last year. I suppose they could put JWL at his old position and send Moore out to FWR...but having a tiny guy there would not be very smart. Either way, it takes Moore out of the quick passing game where he has excelled this year

19 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Is this supposed to be ******* funny? 

"For instance, if Winnipeg won the Grey Cup in 1,990 of the 10,000 replications, then its Grey Cup victory probability would be 1,990/10,000 = 19.90%."

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/04/cfl-simulation-riders-pegged-early-grey-cup-favourites/

Bad enough the refs are cheering against us, now we have the league trolling us?

Hey, when 5 of your other teams are filing for bankruptcy again and you are looking for help, lose our ******* number.

I blocked the cfl on twitter because of this. 

Winnipeg Blue Bombers defensive lineman Willie Jefferson was fined for a high hit on Saskatchewan Roughriders quarterback Cody Fajardo.

👁‍🗨 Same play, later on, involving Streveler, wasn’t even penalized. No injuries, no delay in the game pace, and yet, on the Remple injury...nothing. Go figure.

4 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Looks like Chungh has been benched for tomorrow's game. 

Ha, ha. Perfect. Enjoy paying this overrated pylon, Hervey. Guess the other guys to his left & right propped Chungh up all along. Yeah, he's a former Bomber but he never had any intentions of coming back here & now he's making a quarter mill to sit on the bench.. On twitter, I had a Lions fan ask me how it was Hervey's fault that Chungh was having a miserable season when he was an all star here. I said it's all on Hervey for signing  & overpaying Chungh if he isn't playing well. How is that not on Hervey? He signed the guy to a huge contract so has to take responsibility if it doesn't work out.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ha, ha. Perfect. Enjoy paying this overrated pylon, Hervey. Guess the other guys to his left & right propped Chungh up all along. Yeah, he's a former Bomber but he never had any intentions of coming back here & now he's making a quarter mill to sit on the bench.. On twitter, I had a Lions fan ask me how it was Hervey's fault that Chungh was having a miserable season when he was an all star here. I said it's all on Hervey for signing  & overpaying Chungh if he isn't playing well. How is that not on Hervey? He signed the guy to a huge contract so has to take responsibility if it doesn't work out.

Not only that but Chungh's weakness was always pass pro...even when he was here. Fortunately our O runs a lot and we don't run slow developing pass plays.

Hervey bit hard on Chungh without doing his homework.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You strain your credibility when you make posts like this....and you do it often.

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You strain your credibility when you make posts like this....and you do it often.

Thank you.....why do people become so bitter when a player decides to go elsewhere?  It’s a business...why aren’t players allowed to make business decisions? Be it money, family, geography...or other personal reasons. Maybe walk a mile in their shoes for a change.

23 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

Thank you.....why do people become so bitter when a player decides to go elsewhere?  It’s a business...why aren’t players allowed to make business decisions? Be it money, family, geography...or other personal reasons. Maybe walk a mile in their shoes for a change.

on the other hand a guy becoming one of the highest paid players in the league outside of quarterbacks opens ones self up to increased criticism, especially when the part of the team he plays on it complete trash. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

on the other hand a guy becoming one of the highest paid players in the league outside of quarterbacks opens ones self up to increased criticism, especially when the part of the team he plays on it complete trash. 

Criticism is perhaps an objective opinion based on someone’s performance. I sensed an element of emotional bias and bitterness in the previous post. The player had no indication that the team was going to be “complete trash” when he signed there. The fact remains he had an opportunity to play “at home” as well as being well compensated.....hate the team not the players.

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

I don't think anyone is trashing Chungh the person...Chungh the football player is getting raked over the coals here and it seems his new team agrees.

It seems this evaluation has been done without any knowledge or insight into his health or injury status. There was a post indicating he was sat because of an upper body injury. Players trying to play injured run the risk of playing poorly and being unfairly assessed as a “bad player” . There is no difference between an injured player trying to play and a poor player...in the eyes of the fans they look exactly the same.

1 minute ago, DR. CFL said:

It seems this evaluation has been done without any knowledge or insight into his health or injury status. There was a post indicating he was sat because of an upper body injury. Players trying to play injured run the risk of playing poorly and being unfairly assessed as a “bad player” . There is no difference between an injured player trying to play and a poor player...in the eyes of the fans they look exactly the same.

He played poorly pre-injury this season too. Maybe he is being sat to heal up a bit, but there is no denying his play has been sub par this year.

36 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Micah Johnson has 13 tackles in 8 games.

Just want everyone to be aware he didn't retire.

and to put in perspective our boy Jake had 9 after 8 games and Kongbo 9 after 5 games...at a fraction of cost lol...and are Canadians to boot