2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

On ‎2019‎-‎09‎-‎01 at 1:43 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

NFL waiver wire news: WR/KR Diontae Spencer claimed by Broncos
WR Brandon Zylstra claimed by Panthers
LB Deon Lacey claimed by Dolphins Duke Williams, the CFL’s leading receiver in 2018, has accepted a practice roster spot with the @BuffaloBills. #NFL #CFL

….and just like that NFL cut down day 2019 became a huge bust for any CFL team looking for re-inforcements.

Is this supposed to be ******* funny? 

"For instance, if Winnipeg won the Grey Cup in 1,990 of the 10,000 replications, then its Grey Cup victory probability would be 1,990/10,000 = 19.90%."

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/04/cfl-simulation-riders-pegged-early-grey-cup-favourites/

Bad enough the refs are cheering against us, now we have the league trolling us?

Hey, when 5 of your other teams are filing for bankruptcy again and you are looking for help, lose our ******* number.

51 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ed Hervey describes Lions’ OL under Bryan Chiu: ‘looking like they’ve never played this game’. CFL Headlines twitter feed

Hmmmm, not sure if this is the best strategy employed by this GM.

Hervey is a tool. League lucked out in chris jones leaving in the off season, now it just needs hervey and maas to follow suit. Sadly I think maas will be around a while. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hervey is a tool. League lucked out in chris jones leaving in the off season, now it just needs hervey and maas to follow suit. Sadly I think maas will be around a while. 

What's next, fire the QB coach because Reilly isn't playing up to par...? Hervey is an idiot who thought he could buy a contender.

49 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hervey is a tool. League lucked out in Chris Jones leaving in the off season, now it just needs Hervey and Maas to follow suit. Sadly I think Maas will be around a while. 

Mass will be around in 2020 if for no other reason than he looks sooo good compared to Claybrooks and Chamblin.

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think EDM underachieves this season with an early playoff exit and fires Maas... then Hervey fires Claybrooks and hires Maas in BC.

Then Ottawa fires Campbell... Lapo goes to Ottawa and fetch Claybrooks with him... we fire Hall and hire Campbell as DC with Nelson as one of his assistant... and it goes and goes

Receiver Jordan Williams-Lambert on his way back to the Riders following NFL camp: Jordan Williams-Lambert is going back to Saskatchewan. NFL interest came for Williams-Lambert after a first CFL season in which he caught 62 passes for 764… https://3downnation.com/2019/09/04/receiver-jordan-williams-lambert-on-his-way-back-to-the-riders-following-nfl-camp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter  via @JDunk12

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Very shabby way to treat an ex employee. And it's so easy to take the high road.

Don't think a Hervey team will be first choice destination.

Right? I mean how do you expect to draw in good coaches when you treat them like that?

They have some talent on the ol but holes. And no continuity. You cant buy that, you just gotta take your lumps and let guys grow into a unit.

Idk how chiu has done as an OL coach. And he isnt some random ncaa/hs that no one knows. Hes been coaching ol in the cfl for like 5+ years, he was a great player and iirc a leader in the PA etc. Hes played with and coached with half of the front offices in the league. 

This is how you end up like Reed in montreal, where you cant attract good in league coaches and have to rely on in experienced cfl coaches. 

51 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Mass will be around in 2020 if for no other reason than he looks sooo good compared to Claybrooks and Chamblin.

Agree, though im hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I think EDM underachieves this season with an early playoff exit and fires Maas... then Hervey fires Claybrooks and hires Maas in BC.

If he did get canned in edm, he would be employed else where im sure. His rope hasnt run out just yet. Though coaches with him never have long term staying power.

49 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Then Ottawa fires Campbell... Lapo goes to Ottawa and fetch Claybrooks with him... we fire Hall and hire Campbell as DC with Nelson as one of his assistant... and it goes and goes

Idk about claybrooks following him but I can certainly see lapo in ott and claybrooks being sent packing. Dont think campbell runs out of leash just yet as a HC either. 

A dark horse, if lapo is a FA idk or as a semi promotion to ast gm or w/e, I could see him ending up in Montreal with his old protege Khari Jones.