2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was following his progress in Philly & every NFL writer covering the team said he was in tough down the depth chart. The Eagles are deep at linebacker but that performance should have nailed him a spot on the roster. Marken Michel also had a 75 yard TD pass the first exhibition game. And he was waived. Don't let anyone tell you this wasn't politics or favouritism by the coaches. They already made their decision before the game. There is a lot of anti CFL bias in the NFL. I can see him refusing a PR spot as Singleton can come back to Calgary & get paid more than being on the PR.

Let's hope. We need it for the CFL.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

that seems insane....he's been one of their best players in every preseason game, according to reports.....

Politics i tell u..ifbthey have draft picks..higher profile guys..even if not better..they always cut the CFL guy..or the undrafted nobody..just way it goes in NFL

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't let anyone tell you this wasn't politics or favouritism by the coaches.

Agree.... ton of saving face coaches and managers in the NFL. money is big, bullshit is too.

A great of example of this is the fact that Zylstra may not make the Vikings, but Tredwell, who stinks, has been on it for years, cause they wasted a high draft pick on him. Paid the guy millions for next to nothing.

In the NFL, I admire Pete carroll cause he doesn't do that. Best player plays.

Edited by Mark F

35 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Agree.... ton of saving face coaches and managers in the NFL. money is big, bullshit is too.

A great of example of this is the fact that Zylstra may not make the Vikings, but Tredwell, who stinks, has been on it for years, cause they wasted a high draft pick on him. Paid the guy millions for next to nothing.

I hate Pete Carroll and the Seahawks (Go 9ers!) but I agree. He wins because he cares about winning and not the egos. 

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

The sad part about Harris is that this will taint his accomplishments, which have been staggering. But all it takes is one incident. As someone once said, if you build a hundred bridges, you will be known as a bride builder. But following those accomplishments, if you hump one sheep, you will go down in history as the sheep humper.

Ummmm, I believe that they are commonly referred to as Rider fans.

Exhibit A:  The Riders Fight Song

Edited by WBBFanWest

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Treadwell is fuqn awful.

We have wasted enough time on him

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Don't know where to put this so it will go here.

Watching Wisconsin and South Florida and who's name do I hear? Kerwin Bell. He's the OC at South Florida this year. 

IncompatibleMilkyAmberpenshell-size_rest

Poor Kerwin, he'll never live this highlight down.  Truth be told he was a pretty good QB with an excellent arm.

From Wikipedia

Bell returned to the CFL in 1998 with the Toronto Argonauts and had his best professional year. He threw for 4,991 yards and 27 touchdowns and set a lead record with a completion percentage of 67.3%, earning him a spot on the CFL All-Star team.[22][19] He signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and again passed for over 4000 yards in 1999,  Overall, Bell played in 126 regular season CFL games, completed 1,560 passes in 2,558 attempts, and threw 101 touchdowns.[19]

6 hours ago, Booch said:

Politics i tell u..ifbthey have draft picks..higher profile guys..even if not better..they always cut the CFL guy..or the undrafted nobody..just way it goes in NFL

Roster sizes are so small... there is no feeder system like the Jets have with the AHL or like MLB with their three tiers of minor leagues. It is so damn hard for a player who is not a veteran or draft pick to make an NFL squad. Which is actually a good thing for the CFL... but it's rough for quality players like Singleton who deserve a shot.

28 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Roster sizes are so small... there is no feeder system like the Jets have with the AHL or like MLB with their three tiers of minor leagues. It is so damn hard for a player who is not a veteran or draft pick to make an NFL squad. Which is actually a good thing for the CFL... but it's rough for quality players like Singleton who deserve a shot.

Roster sizes aren't small with 53 players. You can only play 22 in total & 11 at a time. Which leaves 31 players to be backups & special teamers.

11 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

In fairness, Wisconsin is a huge, successful college football program in comparison to South Florida, but 49-0 all things considered is still brutal despite the difference in the two schools.

Yeah USF has a former 5 star recruit of Alabama’s at QB and tons of talent all over the field.  Pretty much all the Florida schools are stacked...they got their asses kicked.