2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Watch Calgary pick him up... and take him back to his old form

Would that be wrestling/.....The guy looks to me to be an opportunist....if you're winning I give it a 100 percent....if you're the T.O. arenogoods then I float...Not my type of player

https://press.cfl.ca/statement-cfl-and-cflpa-meet-to-discuss-weather-protocol

TORONTO (August 16, 2019) – The Canadian Football League (CFL) and the Canadian Football League Players’ Association (CFLPA) met to discuss the new weather protocol that was put into effect when an electrical storm forced a delay and, ultimately, the stoppage of last weekend’s Montreal- Saskatchewan game. We agreed the result of the game was the proper outcome according to the protocol, which is part of our new collective bargaining agreement.

However, the CFL fully acknowledged that communication with the players association should have been better during the process, and those communication issues were fully discussed and resolved between the parties.  

Finally, we discussed whether we should now revisit and possibly amend the protocol. It was agreed that the most prudent course of action is to assemble all the relevant stakeholders — team and league executives, players association representatives, general managers, coaches and officials - in the off-season to reassess the protocol. Therefore, no change to the protocol is anticipated for the remainder of the 2019 season.

4 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Chappy ought to be nervous. I always like to see familiar players entering the coaching ranks, I wish Crompton the best in trying to turn that clunker of a ship around.

This may sound odd, but I liked Straight outta Crompton when he played. He lacked physical gifts it seemed but he was smart and got the most out of what he had. I have a feeling he will do well in this job

22 hours ago, Ripper said:

This may sound odd, but I liked Straight outta Crompton when he played. He lacked physical gifts it seemed but he was smart and got the most out of what he had. I have a feeling he will do well in this job

He was the best Als qb at that time and got the short end...  maybe the Blue can swipe him away to be our 3rd stringer :D

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He was the best Als qb at that time and got the short end...  maybe the Blue can swipe him away to be our 3rd stringer :D

He had that long hair that looked like a mop. I read he was growing it out so it could get cut to make a wig for cancer patients. High character thing to do

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I just knew you were a hippie.  I'm a brush cut man, goes with my crusty disposition, lol

Lol...Used to be a long haired guy until I had to join the "real" world...multiple long haired mowhawks over my time...and 80's hair metal creations

4 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

After leaving my office job in 2015 I decided to grow my hair out for cancer care. One last hurrah before it all falls out. Kept it going without so much as a trim til December 2018. In the end it was enough for 2 donations!

Good for you man.  That's a nice thing to do