Jaydon Mickens WR Washington
Mekale McKay WR Cincinnati
Kelly Bryant QB Missouri
Jake Bentley QB South Carolina
Eric Barriere QB Eastern Washington
David Kenney DE Illinois State
David Rivers CB Youngstown State

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't know (or really care much) about NCAA......anybody know if any of these guys are any good?

I know a few names only. The interesting thing to me is teams placing players on there who actually might come to the CFL versus ones who never will. I think some team had Kyler Murray on their list last year. Not sure why. First overall pick in the NFL draft will never set foot in Canada. Smart teams put players on who actually may end up here. Like Jake Browning. Highly sought after UDFA in the NFL, but may not stick on a roster. 

Edited by M.Silverback

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Can someone explain how the neg list works? Do you just tell the CFL you want this guy on your list before anyone else?

https://www.tsn.ca/the-enduring-mystery-of-cfl-negotiation-lists-1.981621

Naylor did a story on it last year.

Yes, you just put the guy on before he's signed or on someone else's list. This is one of those bizarro things that's uniquely CFL. 

46 minutes ago, JCon said:

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

NAME POS  COLLEGE
Alex Barrett DE San Diego State
Greg Ward WR Houston
Fred Brown WR Mississippi State
Jaydon Mickens WR Washington
Mekale McKay WR Cincinnati
Kelly Bryant QB Missouri
Jake Bentley QB South Carolina
Eric Barriere QB Eastern Washington
David Kenney DE Illinois State
David Rivers CB Youngstown State

4 WR and 3 QBs... I like it.

59 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

I know a few names only. The interesting thing to me is teams placing players on there who actually might come to the CFL versus ones who never will. I think some team had Kyler Murray on their list last year. Not sure why. First overall pick in the NFL draft will never set foot in Canada. Smart teams put players on who actually may end up here. Like Jake Browning. Highly sought after UDFA in the NFL, but may not stick on a roster. 

You never know... 3rd overall Trent Richardson ended up in Canada eventually. He wasn't any good but still, he showed up!

I think you want a balance of guys who might show up soon along with some "home run" shots.

23 minutes ago, Atomic said:

You never know... 3rd overall Trent Richardson ended up in Canada eventually. He wasn't any good but still, he showed up!

I think you want a balance of guys who might show up soon along with some "home run" shots.

That's fair. Balancing makes sense. Maybe target a few highly touted dudes who like the marijuana a bit too much for the NFL 😄

1 hour ago, M.Silverback said:

Never say never.

Yeah we sure have done rather well in the past couple of years:

The following players were previously unveiled from their respective clubs? negotiation lists and are currently on an active CFL roster:

DL Woody Baron (MTL)
    DB Randall Evans (OTT)
    WR/KR Janarion Grant (WPG)
    DB Jumal Rolle (HAM)
    DB Marcus Sayles (WPG)
    WR Rodney Smith (TOR)
    QB Chris Streveler (WPG)
    WR Lucky Whitehead (WPG)

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/15/cfl-reveals-list-10-negotiation-list-players-team-3/

From this year's list, Barriere is the guy who most interests me. Eastern Washington is a breeding ground for CFL quarterbacks:

Erik Meyer, the first in Eastern Washington?s string of All-American quarterbacks since 2005, nearly swallowed his whistle the first time he saw Eric Barriere operate.
?I wasn?t expecting Barriere to play the way he is this early,? Meyer said. ?He has a little bit of Vernon Adams? game, but with his own thing going on.?

Adams, another Los Angeles product, lauded Barriere.

?He?ll be better than me,? Adams said on Twitter. ?He?s definitely already faster.?
Matt Nichols, a veteran CFL quarterback, was EWU?s quarterback the next four seasons (2006-09), setting a Big Sky Conference career passing record (12,616 yards).

He was an All-American and the Big Sky Conference?s Offensive MVP.

Replacing Nichols was SMU transfer Bo Levi Mitchell (2010-11), who led EWU a to a FCS national championship his first year in Cheney before winning the Walter Payton Award in 2011.

Mitchell, a two-time CFL MVP who has led the Calgary Stampeders to two Grey Cup titles, has the attention of NFL teams. He recently worked out for a few, including the Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants and Indianapolis Colts.

A year after Mitchell exhausted college eligibility, the electric dual-threat Adams starred at EWU the next three seasons, becoming an All-American and Walter Payton Award finalist. He transferred to Oregon his senior year, where he helped the Ducks reach the Alamo Bowl.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/jan/04/dual-threat-sophomore-eric-barriere-the-next-star-/

1 minute ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Yeah we sure have done rather well in the past couple of years:

The following players were previously unveiled from their respective clubs? negotiation lists and are currently on an active CFL roster:

DL Woody Baron (MTL)
    DB Randall Evans (OTT)
    WR/KR Janarion Grant (WPG)
    DB Jumal Rolle (HAM)
    DB Marcus Sayles (WPG)
    WR Rodney Smith (TOR)
    QB Chris Streveler (WPG)
    WR Lucky Whitehead (WPG)

I wouldn't give the Bombers credit for Grant since he was on Hamilton's neg list not ours.  They do get credit for snagging him when the Ticats cut him in camp though.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I don't know (or really care much) about NCAA......anybody know if any of these guys are any good?

McKay went 19th overall in this year's NFL Draft... he's fast!

Bryant is a 5th year, senior transfer from Clemson playing for Missouri this year (GO TIGERS!)... he was displaced on Clemson's starting roster last year after game 4 by Lawrence, but he's good...

Bently could be interesting though and possibly a CFL candidate down the road... he's decent and has played well at South Carolina, ranked just outside of the top 30 in the NCAA for all D1 QBs, 7th in the SEC...

2 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

Interesting. Calgary has 4 QB's on the list, including Jake Browning who will likely be cut by the Vikings. ABLFQB's - always be looking for quarterbacks! Montreal has no QB's on their list. 

They have none on the list they provided. It's bigger then just 10 players.