2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

39 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Just remind them that they already spent 200k on the dude this year.

While laughing at us with Matt Nichols. What a bunch of ******* losers. 

From Penton’s insiders

Number two for Saskatchewan (Micah Johnson) doesn’t have a stat in two weeks. No tackles, and no assists. He looks like a free-agent bust. Out of shape or not motivated after getting a big salary. We heard he got the D-line coach (Mike Scheper) fired over there, but blaming the coach sometimes shows it isn’t the coach’s fault. Look at the film. (Johnson) didn’t make a play against us after they fired the coach.

A lot of Johnsons success was a result of guys around him..and he..or the others freeing each other up...on sask  well Evan's blows..A.C Leonard isnt a top 6 DE in league and Hughes is reaping rewards of Johnson getting teamed and getting stats..but that will dissapear post Labour day when his old body shuts it down for the yr like it has the last 2

I said right from TC that Johnson would be insignificant there once he has to do all the heavy lifting..and at 250k a year that's a nice hamstring around that loser organization's neck..along with Evan's around 200k and the 160 or so Hughes steals from them for a half yrs work

1 minute ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

$66,666.66 per play!

57 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Well they did get 3 plays for that $200k, so that's pretty good.

Welp, this will be my go-to ammunition for any 'Riders fan that brings up Durant's antics when retiring as a Bomber. Sure, he screwed us out of $70,000 but they paid Collaros $200,000 in 2019 willingly for the following stat line:

1 rush - 7 yards.

19 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

$66,666.66 per play!

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Well they did get 3 plays for that $200k, so that's pretty good.

14 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Welp, this will be my go-to ammunition for any 'Riders fan that brings up Durant's antics when retiring as a Bomber. Sure, he screwed us out of $70,000 but they paid Collaros $200,000 in 2019 willingly for the following stat line:

1 rush - 7 yards.

Just curious about this $200 000 number. Was that his upfront money or including the first 7weeks of salary too. He still gets paid on the injured list, just doesn’t count against the cap. 

Speaking of which, man there were some hill-billies at BC Place on Saturday.  One guy was wearing a full on green long underwear with cowboy boots and had a full size watermelon shell covering his whole head, with eye holes and nose holes cut out.  Looked down right creepy.  Every time Sask scored he would stand up and wave a Pilsner flag.  Just yuck.

12 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Speaking of which, man there were some hill-billies at BC Place on Saturday.  One guy was wearing a full on green long underwear with cowboy boots and had a full size watermelon shell covering his whole head, with eye holes and nose holes cut out.  Looked down right creepy.  Every time Sask scored he would stand up and wave a Pilsner flag.  Just yuck.

That's "business casual" in Regina. 

8 hours ago, Booch said:

A lot of Johnsons success was a result of guys around him..and he..or the others freeing each other up...on sask  well Evan's blows..A.C Leonard isnt a top 6 DE in league and Hughes is reaping rewards of Johnson getting teamed and getting stats..but that will dissapear post Labour day when his old body shuts it down for the yr like it has the last 2

I said right from TC that Johnson would be insignificant there once he has to do all the heavy lifting..and at 250k a year that's a nice hamstring around that loser organization's neck..along with Evan's around 200k and the 160 or so Hughes steals from them for a half yrs work

So everyone on Sasks Dline sucks yet they are 2nd in sacks? Johnson is useless but yet he warrants a double team? And Hughes falls off when its all on him, despite being the sack leader 3 years in a row between cal/sask and leading again this year? Ok. A lot can be said about the Riders but your pushing it with this "insight".

6 hours ago, Jdub33 said:

So everyone on Sasks Dline sucks yet they are 2nd in sacks? Johnson is useless but yet he warrants a double team? And Hughes falls off when its all on him, despite being the sack leader 3 years in a row between cal/sask and leading again this year? Ok. A lot can be said about the Riders but your pushing it with this "insight".

For one sacks are highly overated and not a true indicator of a "good" line..get back to me when you see points allowed...rushing yards against...yards gained per first down and then digest that back in Sask as I assume that's where your sad lil post originated from

Evan's is useless and doesnt warrant salary he pulls in and anyone can see that.

Johnson has shown he cant do it alone and needs complimentary peices to obtain sexy stats and if you had any football acumen you'd know generally most interior guys get a double team generally..and he got doubled lots in CGY.. and had other guys taking attention away from him

Hughes as usual I bgg getting his fancy stats early on..feasting on horrid Bc and T.O olines...but when games matter and down stretch he disappears and is a non factor...2 years running and I bet this year wont be any different...so maybe sight is hardly a stretch by any means

Hughes has had 1 sack against a quality oline...(Calgary and Ham) and 1 against average Ottawa..the rest piled up against BC and T.O...color me not impressed...a College team would pile sacks up against that garbage

Edited by Booch