2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

3 hours ago, Sard said:

I will agree that they did well at bringing pressure.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Bah! Your D sucks against the run. Why we didn't run against you is a complete mystery. Had you shut down our run and forced Nichols to pass it would be different. Even then, for some reason Nichols was floating beach balls out there. Any D would have looked good against us. 

This ham team reminds me a bit of the don mathews als. high pressure and the back end focusing on forcing turn overs.Cover 0 isnt their base but Id say its the modern equivalent and as close as we will see to cover 0 as a base in this era. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

This ham team reminds me a bit of the don mathews als. high pressure and the back end focusing on forcing turn overs.Cover 0 isnt their base but Id say its the modern equivalent and as close as we will see to cover 0 as a base in this era. 

We are supposed to have the exact weapons needed to beat a D like that.  Short passing, Andrew Harris, solid OL

11 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

We are supposed to have the exact weapons needed to beat a D like that.  Short passing, Andrew Harris, solid OL

We are and do. We didnt have the appropriate game plan in place, and didnt execute. Worst of all we continually turned the ball over. 

Idk what the split is, but when you turn the ball over 5+ times the chances of winning are extremely slim. (I would guess in the 20-30% range)

Week 16 we play them next. I hope this game sticks in the teams craw. I want to see the best and nastiest game this team has played under the canadian mafia. Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. 

53 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We are and do. We didnt have the appropriate game plan in place, and didnt execute. Worst of all we continually turned the ball over. 

Idk what the split is, but when you turn the ball over 5+ times the chances of winning are extremely slim. (I would guess in the 20-30% range)

Week 16 we play them next. I hope this game sticks in the teams craw. I want to see the best and nastiest game this team has played under the canadian mafia. Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. 

No how perfect a game plan is, it will not survive 6 freaking turnovers. 

44 minutes ago, Tracker said:

No how perfect a game plan is, it will not survive 6 freaking turnovers. 

37 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Said turnovers were partly the result of not being able to contain a pressure defense. 

Both true. Its cause and effect. Nichols has been struggling when dealing with pressure this year. Pressure is what hammersmell does. We have every thing to counter act that pressure, but instead put him in a bad position. And he did what you would expect of a qb who struggles with pressure and worse. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Do they intend to provide him some protection? Cause if not.... 

Doesnt matter what they intend, they have no ability to execute. 

The riders are now insanely thin at QB. If Fajardo gets hurt or struggles really bad they have no one to call. I wonder if TO makes a move now. Has the MBT and or Franklin era now ended?