2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

I have a pair of season tickets and I usually bring my oldest. If I could, I would bring my wife on my second ticket and bring my boys free. I would, of course, make my wife sit up high with the youngest. They're only there for the experience anyhow. 

So, kids getting in free, as long as it's not only with the $20 tickets, would be good for me. 

I said the same thing. I'd snap up free tickets for the kids or a set of cheap tickets in a heart beat. The kids are the ones who will continue to support the club so why not get them there young. And the amount I spend on food and drinks when my kids come is trippled so it's a no brainer for the club IMO.

34 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought XFL had contracts around 750 000 American?

hell no!!...u added a zero

in the past, the XFL, which was co-owned by McMahon and NBC, paid players about$45,000 for the season. This time salaries for the 40-man squads are expected to average $75,000 with players who are "in demand making much more than that," according to reporting from Darren Rovell.Jun 30, 2018

Stories have been reported they are willing to pay up to 200k for "exceptional" players...but what is their idea of exceptional...and how many players would earn that max? I would think not many

Edited by Booch

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

hell no!!...u added a zero

in the past, the XFL, which was co-owned by McMahon and NBC, paid players about$45,000 for the season. This time salaries for the 40-man squads are expected to average $75,000 with players who are "in demand making much more than that," according to reporting from Darren Rovell.Jun 30, 2018

Stories have been reported they are willing to pay up to 200k for "exceptional" players...but what is their idea of exceptional...and how many players would earn that max? I would think not many

Drew Edwards furiously writing about how this will kill the CFL yet?

1 minute ago, MrFreakzilla said:

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Saturday that quarterback Jeremiah Masoli will miss the remainder of the 2019 Canadian Football League season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

Yikes, too bad for Hammy and the league. We need our marquee players on the field. 

Speedy recovery JM. 

That's brutal. As much as it makes might help the Bombers quest for a GC I sure don't want to see that to any team. What a shame. The whole situation was exactly what happened to Nichols in camp last year but didn't hold him out quite as long. 

Edited by Noeller

2 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Yikes, too bad for Hammy and the league. We need our marquee players on the field. 

Agreed we need our best players on the field, but this injury had nothing to do with the new rules that protect QB's         ( and I realize you weren't arguing this). In fact, I can think of a few QB injuries where it was just a "freak" thing.Sad for Masoli though. Opens up the east now. I wonder if Toronto is now thinking, "So you say there's a chance!"

What are you guys talking about? Hamilton is so good that they made us look like pure crap WITH THEIR BACKUP QB! I won't be feeling sorry for them any time soon.