2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

from the article:

The CFL said Bourassa tested positive for several banned substances, including Ibutamoren, a growth hormone, and methamphetamine, a stimulant.

In a statement, the Redblacks said the positive test was the result of a substance found in an over-the-counter product and Bourassa was unaware it contained a banned substance.

I've been away from Canada for a few years ... what kind of over-the-counter stuff contains meth?

maybe the test detected some pseudoephedrine?

Edited by johnzo

23 minutes ago, johnzo said:

what kind of over-the-counter stuff contains meth?

used to be diet pills were a type of speed.over the counter. did not ever take that, and do not know if it's still the case.

edit you're right  there are some things that give a false test for meth including p - suedo ephridine

https://healthfully.com/causes-falsepositive-drug-test-meth-8456109.html

Edited by Mark F

37 minutes ago, Mark F said:

used to be diet pills were a type of speed.over the counter. did not ever take that, and do not know if it's still the case.

edit you're right  there are some things that give a false test for meth including p - suedo ephridine

https://healthfully.com/causes-falsepositive-drug-test-meth-8456109.html

If you get low quality supplements, even some mid tier stuff you can find contamination for a crazy range of illegal drugs. Supplements are a scary world. 

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If you get low quality supplements, even some mid tier stuff you can find contamination for a crazy range of illegal drugs. Supplements are a scary world. 

If you ever listen to Rogan's podcast he talks about his experience with this as a part owner of Onnit.

You hire a business to make the product, but depending on things like, how well they clean the equipment between use, you can get contamination. 

He says the only reason they even found out was because they do independent 3rd party testing.

13 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

If you ever listen to Rogan's podcast he talks about his experience with this as a part owner of Onnit.

You hire a business to make the product, but depending on things like, how well they clean the equipment between use, you can get contamination. 

He says the only reason they even found out was because they do independent 3rd party testing.

Love the JRE. And yeah I wish he would go further into detail on the supplement biz. His podcasts with novitzky and armstrong are especially great on these subjects. 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Hecht is as savage with the tweets as he is with the hits. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Love the JRE. And yeah I wish he would go further into detail on the supplement biz. His podcasts with novitzky and armstrong are especially great on these subjects. 

Hecht is as savage with the tweets as he is with the hits. 

Damñnnnnn, Hecht.

Also  yeah, JRE is good more than it isn't (I don't find his stand up funny but he is really funny just talkjng on JRE).

If I had to guess he stays away from the Onnit related stuff because he doesn't want it to sound like an infomercial.  

On 2019-07-22 at 8:23 PM, Rod Black said:

Not sure where to post this, here or on the recently created “Stabbing thread”. 

Anyways, on Saturday, Gainer the Gopher assaulted a stuffed Lion. He’s in trouble for inappropriate grabbing the lion between the legs and punting him. 

Even the Gopher’s a hill billy.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/saskatchewan-roughriders-mascot-gainer-the-gopher-in-hot-water-once-again-1.4518907

I love that the Lions included PETA in their tweet. 🤣

12 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Do they get free room and boarding?

Depends on the team. Some offer housing while others (like the Bombers) give a housing allowance. I don't know about other teams but there was a report around the time IG Field opened about breakfast and lunch being provided to players. The housing money is not included in the Cap but iirc the cost of the food is.

14 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

All that for $575  cdn every 2 weeks.  

FYI - the minimum PR salary was raised to $750 every 2 weeks in the 2014 CBA according to CFLdb. I can't find anything that indicates whether it went up again with the recent CBA.

Edited by Jacquie

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

lack of attention span with each successive generation is a problem. Long form writing went by the wayside so long ago as the Twitter generation wanted 140 characters or less before they get bored. Now it's shiny objects (pics/vids) or nothin'.....******' kids.....

Yeah, you don't have to go any further than TSN.ca or the Bombers' website to see that the main focus these days is video. 

2 hours ago, Jacquie said:

I love that the Lions included PETA in their tweet. 🤣

Depends on the team. Some offer housing while others (like the Bombers) give a housing allowance. I don't know about other teams but there was a report around the time IG Field opened about breakfast and lunch being provided to players. The housing money is not included in the Cap but iirc the cost of the food is.

FYI - the minimum PR salary was raised to $750 every 2 weeks in the 2014 CBA according to CFLdb. I can't find anything that indicates whether it went up again with the recent CBA.

It's my understanding that Bomber player salaries include 2 thousand bucks that goes towards a food allowance. I'm sure the players get their monies' worth with that deal.

From a website called “Awful Announcing”

There's a Rod Black Drinking Game that's been circulating for at least five years, and Saturday's missed field goal call fit right into it. 

“Right down Main Street once more. But it’s wide!” - Rod Black

https://awfulannouncing.com/international/rod-black-drinking-game-missed-call-cfl.html