2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Herb Zurkowsky @HerbZurkowsky1

I’m told members of the #AlsMTL coaching staff wanted to jettison @StefLogan11 before the 2018 season, but he was being protected by former GM Kavis Reed. Indeed, Logan told a teammate he was “untouchable.”

Bowman also was quoted in the article as being protected by Kavis.

Now they just need to make sure Joe Mack doesn't **** it up.  At least the good news is it appears that he would not have the authority to fire Khari, and thank god.  Don't need him hamstringing the coach with Gary Crowton either.

Wow, I’m seeing consensus picks for Calgary and Winnipeg for wins this weekend, with a little doubt Edmonton at Montreal, but there is all kinds of head scratching in who’s going to win the BC Saskatchewan game. Votes are pretty well split down the middle, for the media and fan bases, even with the game being played in Sask. 

Aside from the Bomber game, this will be my must see game on the weak’end of the schedule.

Overwhelming fear- we dont pressure Reilly early he has time to make even one bomb to Duron, which motivates DC to focus and use his talent, he has a monster game and there it is

First of these teams to get their mental game on wins  

( or maybe the team that doesn't lose their mental s@@t first is the one not to lose 

There's the pregame speech- don't suck as bad as them)

Edited by Guestingreen

The BC/Sask game may come down to whether Reilly can adapt his game from slinging Hail Marys to using hot routes to exploit the Rider linebackers who are very suspect. Regardless,the Lions have a quarterback but the Riders do not. This game ought to be fun to watch. If the Riders loose, their fans will be throwing themselves into Wascana "Lake".

53 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Why the hate for Chungh? 

Guess it is because he no longer plays for the Big Blue - See it over on RiderFans.com all the time. If the player is part of the Rider Organization he is the best thing since sliced bread. Once he leaves, he is garbage. I had thought we had a better class of people on this site. Guess I was mistaken.

5 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Guess it is because he no longer plays for the Big Blue - See it over on RiderFans.com all the time. If the player is part of the Rider Organization he is the best thing since sliced bread. Once he leaves, he is garbage. I had thought we had a better class of people on this site. Guess I was mistaken.

Eh I think it's more a case of we lost a guy due to a massive over payment so we hope he enjoys being part of a terrible group when he could have got paid well here and been part of a good group.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Eh I think it's more a case of we lost a guy due to a massive over payment so we hope he enjoys being part of a terrible group when he could have got paid well here and been part of a good group.

I mean, he also returned home to be closer with his family and friends while still playing the sport he loves. Hard to fault him for that.

It's the schadenfreude-esque tone to the comment, IMO. And saying he fits in well with that "group of pylons"... It sort of insinuates Chungh is one, too. And we all know that's just hot bullshit.

15 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Because of one guy?

He is a good player but he is overpaid 

$250k +  is too much for him

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

The BC/Sask game may come down to whether Reilly can adapt his game from slinging Hail Marys to using hot routes to exploit the Rider linebackers who are very suspect. Regardless,the Lions have a quarterback but the Riders do not. This game ought to be fun to watch. If the Riders loose, their fans will be throwing themselves into Wascana "Lake".

That's more on the OC than Reilly. Every time they show the all 24, there's one receiver in the short zone, none in the medium zone and the rest are deep. Hard to go to the 'hot' route when you do that.

Laing fined for his hit on Nichols.

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced three fines after Week 5 action on Wednesday.

Toronto Argonauts defensive lineman Cleyon Laing was fined for a high hit on Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Matt Nichols.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats receiver Brandon Banks was fined for making unnecessary contact on an on-field official in Saturday’s game versus Calgary.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats defensive back Delvin Breaux was fined for making unnecessary contact out of bounds on Calgary Stampeders running back Ka’Deem Carey.

As per league policy, the amounts of the player fines were not disclosed.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/07/17/three-players-fined-week-5-action/