2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

League has wanted Kavis turfed for months? Dunk thinks he has a scoop on a story that was hand fed to him that every self professed "insider " like him should have known .

Not a peep out of Penton,  Naylor or Zurkowsky in that time either.

Next time I hear about how "plugged in" they are there will be howls of derisive laughter.

Edited by Zontar

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

OK, so the Ticats have the bye this week in the CFL. Now, can we finally have the suspension meted out to Simoni Lawrence for that illegal hit way back on June 13th?

It would coincide nicely with the Bombers visiting Hamilton on the 26th 😁

There's been at least one dirty hit a week since then which were met with either shrugs or silence. If the league and media weren't so inconsistent and hypocritical this would have been settled sooner.

Better believe union defenders of Simoni used video evidence of this in the process.

19 minutes ago, Zontar said:

There's been at least one dirty hit a week since then which were met with either shrugs or silence. If the league and media weren't so inconsistent and hypocritical this would have been settled sooner.

Better believe union defenders of Simoni used video evidence of this in the process.

Lawrence does not have a significant history, that I am aware, of running afoul with league rules. A long service player. He immediately expressed remorse.

Ambrosie’s poorly timed verbal condemnation of the bargaining units stance in filing the grievance will demonstrate a heavy handed approach to the discipline quantum and process. 

No previous discipline matches that of what was handed to Lawrence. It is unprecedented. 

I can see the arbitrator, not commenting at all and only giving his remedy, or providing reasons as per above and reducing the penalty to a single game. 

He will give the league something because of motherhood safety issues, and will provide relief to Lawrence for being an otherwise good boy that made a mistake. 

But, one would have had to be present to view the parties presentations and get all the juicy details. 

Edited by Rod Black

59 minutes ago, Noeller said:

how is 2001 so long ago that people around here aren't clear on the details??? It was the greatest season of Bombers football in what......the last 30 years? 

No team in the time since is better then that one. Many on the same level but none better imo. We lifted the foot off the throttle soo hard in the last couple weeks and still cruised to 14-4. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Do you know how rare it is to own your mistake on social media rather than double down and defend an indefensible position? (Exhibit 1 - this site, exhibit 2 - the current POTUS)

Yeah, I know. Lol! Facts are facts, opinions are opinions. The lines get blurry sometimes.