2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

14 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Not only has this weekend been eventful, but all eyes will be on particular games over the next 2 weekends. 

B.C. at Saskatchewan, next Saturday night, and the return engagement, on the following Saturday.

With Montreal making a claim for authenticity, and a playoff spot, neither Western team can count on a crossover spot, at this time, as in previous years. 

Some key games next week...Ottawa-Winnipeg, Edmonton- Montreal, and the B.C. - Saskatchewan game.

I'm already in my chair waiting..

As bad as the train wreck in BC is - I would love to see them beat up on the Riders - If they manage a win in Regina the Rider fans will be in total melt down.

I always take Herb Z's whiny posts with a table-spoon of salt but here are a few of his recent tweets.

This #AlsMTL organization just can’t stand out of its own way. Fire a GM with a home game in a week ... on a two-game winning streak? I understand new ownership wanting its guy in place, but why not wait to see how the season now unfolds?

Herb Zurkowsky@HerbZurkowsky1

The firing of #AlsMTL GM Kavis Reed can only mean the team has been sold. With them on a two-game winning streak, hope the new ownership group knows what it’s doing

Herb Zurkowsky@HerbZurkowsky1

I’m told American agent Johnathon Hardaway was recently approached to become #AlsMTL GM.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Everybody’s assuming that Kavis Reed’s firing means that the Alouettes have been sold and that’s what the new group wanted. But what if it’s only related to Reed focusing on a career where where his talents lay? After all, wasn’t it Reed who was recently spotted trying on the new Gainer’s costume?

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Wow Khari Jones with the power play, doing such a good job he gets the GM fired. Good on ya Khari, I always knew he would be a good choice to be a head coach. 

wonder what happened, maybe Kavis wanted to keep sherman, and was overruled,  Khari takes the team and makes them into something decent.

bye Kavis. He seems to be able to land on his feet though.

anyway, hope it continues to go well for Khari.