2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

Just now, Geebrr said:

The majority of them didn't vote for him though.

That is a whole different debate, but there are enough that still support him. It's not a few troubled people anymore. Americans are ultimately responsible for their leader.

16 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Canadians coast to coast were cheering for the Raptors (not one Canadian on the team)

.... and cheered when one of the other teams' players got hurt. hard to top that for ugly fandom. Americans certainly noticed when that happened, but overall the American media were very enthusiastic about the Raptors.

Two inaccurate statements...  first, Chris Boucher is Canadain... 

Second... no one was cheering because the guy got hurt... they were just chirping him b/c it looked like he just slipped or tripped on his own feet... once the severity of the injury was realized, the crowd quickly quieted... (sorry for changing the subject for the 17th time in this thread but it bugs me that people think fans were genuinely cheering at the severity of that injury) 

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:
27 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Canadians coast to coast were cheering for the Raptors (not one Canadian on the team)

.... and cheered when one of the other teams' players got hurt. hard to top that for ugly fandom. Americans certainly noticed when that happened, but overall the American media were very enthusiastic about the Raptors.

Two inaccurate statements...  first, Chris Boucher is Canadain... 

Second... no one was cheering because the guy got hurt... they were just chirping him b/c it looked like he just slipped or tripped on his own feet... once the severity of the injury was realized, the crowd quickly quieted... (sorry for changing the subject for the 17th time in this thread but it bugs me that people think fans were genuinely cheering at the severity of that injury) 

Third - It's Basketball and it's Toronto so who cares. As much as Noeller dislikes 'Mercan people , I dislike Toronto and all of Sackstenchewan fans. I guess we are not that different after all Noeller.... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

poor Mark F. That rage button got pushed hard.....it's all gonna be alright. 

Something went on because I got a lot of notifications that Mark F quoted me but all have been deleted lol! Sorry Mark I guess I have contributed to your Jason Maas like reaction but I can't even see what I did lol! 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Look at who they selected as their president and what policies he pitched in his campaign! USA A-OK, everyone else go **** yourselves.

I don't think you really want to turn this into a political thread considering we elected Selfie Boy as PM. Oh wait, I guess it was. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Fair enough!! I can get behind this.... I don't think I actually KNOW a single American person. 

I do. My daughter in law & her family who are all great, outgoing & friendly people. Put away the broad paint brush unless you paint yourself the same colour. 

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It seems to me that there has been a lot more squabbling in this forum than usual lately and I have not enjoyed reading the postings as much as usual as a result. Has it seemed that way to others?

we're not used to winning and so we're all waiting for the other shoe to drop and the tension of maybe, potentially having this weird feeling called hope to finally subside...

52 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It seems to me that there has been a lot more squabbling in this forum than usual lately and I have not enjoyed reading the postings as much as usual as a result. Has it seemed that way to others?

I suggest you try squabbling with somebody, you might enjoy the squabbling more. Otherwise it's like going to a dance but not actually dancing, just sitting there watching other people dance. It's not fun. Get out of your seat and squabble!

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I’ll wear that one. After years of mostly lurking I got fed up with a couple of things said and called them out. I’m sorry...

I’d say I’ll shut up and go back to lurking to protect feelings but my give a F meter is broken and I can’t say I won’t call out a moronic statement when I see it. 

That and we seem content with the organization and haven’t figured out who the collective scapegoat is yet this year so no one to turn on but each other...

24 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I’ll wear that one. After years of mostly lurking I got fed up with a couple of things said and called them out. I’m sorry...

I’d say I’ll shut up and go back to lurking to protect feelings but my give a F meter is broken and I can’t say I won’t call out a moronic statement when I see it. 

That and we seem content with the organization and haven’t figured out who the collective scapegoat is yet this year so no one to turn on but each other...

Maybe the best way to settle these spats is with axes in a trench.