2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Now, now. CFL 2.0. More revenue. Get with the program. Randy Ambrosie said so.

Your bitterness and anger towards non-English speaking countries has absolutely nothing to do with Americans calling our game "quirky". Ffs, our game existed first!! 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Your bitterness and anger towards non-English speaking countries has absolutely nothing to do with Americans calling our game "quirky". Ffs, our game existed first!! 

I'm singling out this post.  Why would anyone gives a **** if it's considered quirky? Why do any fans worry about something like that? If fans from Grand Forks want to adopt the Bombers & come up here to spend money on the team then all the better.  Maybe they'll grow to like the CFL & all of it's quirkiness.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

I mean are we really that thin skinned that we get fussed over our game being called quirky?

Face it, it is. Last week a team won a game missing a field goal!!! WTF are our Southern neighbours going to think?

Better to just welcome them to town and take their money. 

Edited by GCJenks
Typo

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I mean, compared to the US (4 down football), our rules do seem quirky. But, it's what makes our game more entertaining. 

having been to several NFL games, I have to say the pacing of the CFL is so much more entertaining.  The NFL games have these long periods between plays, which is just so freaking boring.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

having been to several NFL games, I have to say the pacing of the CFL is so much more entertaining.  The NFL games have these long periods between plays, which is just so freaking boring.

Especially when you start getting a couple drives that are just 3 and outs, all run plays, followed by punts that are caught using the fair catch rule.

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

quirky??? Get ******......******* Americans and their condescension....

II think you didn't read the article, it is very complimentary of both the league, and the Bombers,

and as he said, urges people to come up here and go to the games. You might not like that, but I think the team would.

I wonder if any of the Americans that play for the Bombers, and Jets, read stuff at this site, and see your anti American comments.

It's rude.

and do you actually think that most Americans are condescending?

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

II think you didn't read the article, it is very complimentary of both the league, and the Bombers,

and as he said, urges people to come up here and go to the games. You might not like that, but I think the team would.

I wonder if any of the Americans that play for the Bombers, and Jets, read stuff at this site, and see your anti American comments.

It's rude.

Very VERY much so....it's in their DNA.

36 minutes ago, Mark F said:

It's rude.

Considering the connection to that part of the USA the Bombers could benefit from  the exposure. North Dakota people might feel an affinity for Oliviera (injured) and Santiago. Minnesota might feel for Wolitarsky.

Heck, I think it’s kind of neat that Carson Wentz is from my neighbouring state, which I have spent a lot of time in. It’s kind of neat that teams, the Jets, have Wheeler and Buff from Minnesota and attract interest from that area. Edmondson from Brandon. I don’t know how many times I’ve said that, hey that guys from Manitoba...he played against Joe Schmoes son....

Based upon how I feel about familiarity with a home grown kid, I’d think they feel the same. 

3 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Considering the connection to that part of the USA the Bombers could benefit from  the exposure. North Dakota people might feel an affinity for Oliviera (injured) and Santiago. Minnesota might feel for Wolitarsky.

Heck, I think it’s kind of neat that Carson Wentz is from my neighbouring state, which I have spent a lot of time in. It’s kind of neat that teams, the Jets, have Wheeler and Buff from Minnesota and attract interest from that area. Edmondson from Brandon. I don’t know how many times I’ve said that, hey that guys from Manitoba...he played against Joe Schmoes son....

Based upon how I feel about familiarity with a home grown kid, I’d think they feel the same. 

I think it is cool that Buff played for the Wheaties

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

53 minutes ago, Noeller said:

my point is, we were here first....so if anyone's "quirky", it's the Americans....**** them.

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Very VERY much so....it's in their DNA.

Bi-polar much? 

I may not post here much but read most everything posted. I used to respect much of what you posted and considered it carefully. 

Your attitude to America / Americans in this issue is over the top ridiculous. Get a grip / beer or whatever you need to get back to reality. Canada as a whole needs the USA without them our economy would not support a league at all. Be glad they are interested in our league and just accept the $$ they way the teams do the players. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I've had way worse experiences in Quebec than anywhere in the States.

I can see that....

People misunderstand my attitude......I'm far more Pro-Canada than I am Anti-America. Tho I'm plenty Anti-America, too....no question. As Dave said, between their politics, their love of religion and guns......oi vey.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I can see that....

People misunderstand my attitude......I'm far more Pro-Canada than I am Anti-America. Tho I'm plenty Anti-America, too....no question. As Dave said, between their politics, their love of religion and guns......oi vey.

I dislike my fair share of what makes them American, but most people I've come across in my life have been great.

I also think the US has a whole giant set of headaches nationally and especially internationally that we can never relate to.

Edited by Geebrr

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I dislike my fair share of what makes them American, but most people I've come across in my life have been great.

I

Fair enough!! I can get behind this.... I don't think I actually KNOW a single American person.