2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

The Simoni Lawrence hearing was yesterday. There has been absolutely zero coverage on this from any CFL news media as far as I have seen. The next two games Hamilton plays is vs Calgary then vs Winnipeg. If his two game suspension stands, as it should, he would miss the game against Winnipeg which is very good for the Bombers in my opinion. But if it gets reduced to one, he would be on the field against the Bombers. I also heard someone (not of any relevance) mention that they may hold the announcement back until after the Calgary game due to the short time Hamilton would have to get his replacement ready for the game? I feel like this is bullshirt though. Although that would be best case for the Bombers. Simoni in against the Stamps and out against the Bombers. Has anyone heard anything at all on this? 

1 minute ago, Firekid said:

The Simoni Lawrence hearing was yesterday. There has been absolutely zero coverage on this from any CFL news media as far as I have seen. The next two games Hamilton plays is vs Calgary then vs Winnipeg. If his two game suspension stands, as it should, he would miss the game against Winnipeg which is very good for the Bombers in my opinion. But if it gets reduced to one, he would be on the field against the Bombers. I also heard someone (not of any relevance) mention that they may hold the announcement back until after the Calgary game due to the short time Hamilton would have to get his replacement ready for the game? I feel like this is bullshirt though. Although that would be best case for the Bombers. Simoni in against the Stamps and out against the Bombers. Has anyone heard anything at all on this? 

Hearing was yesterday but, if memory serves, it takes a while for a decision to be made. I stand by my Week 6, 2020 prediction. 

I thought it was cool that the Grand Forks Newspaper is trying to get the people from Grand Forks to drive up to Winnipeg to watch Blue Bomber football and adopt them as their team!

See here:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/lifestyle/travel/2850242-The-Canadian-Football-League-can-provide-a-fast-paced-quirky-product-at-Winnipegs-Investors-Group-Field

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Hearing was yesterday but, if memory serves, it takes a while for a decision to be made. I stand by my Week 6, 2020 prediction. 

Some of these things are like elephants having sex- it goes on in high places, there's a lot of dust raised and its years before you see any result.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

quirky??? Get ******......******* Americans and their condescension....

Everyone chooses different paths at certain nano-seconds of time in life. You chose the negative path this time and that is ok. I chose to see the positive path in the story and that is ok too. Today I will call you Nancy Noeller. 

24 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Jim Popp finally wakes up, motivated to save his ass.

Toronto Argonauts Media Relations@ArgonautsMR

We have released the following players: American DB Crezdon Butler, American DT Poop Johnson and American RB Tyrell Sutton.

Cue the Poop going back to the Toilet Bowl. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

4 hours ago, Firekid said:

I thought it was cool that the Grand Forks Newspaper is trying to get the people from Grand Forks to drive up to Winnipeg to watch Blue Bomber football and adopt them as their team!

See here:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/lifestyle/travel/2850242-The-Canadian-Football-League-can-provide-a-fast-paced-quirky-product-at-Winnipegs-Investors-Group-Field

The Bombers have struggled in recent years, not winning a Grey Cup -- the CFL version of the Super Bowl -- since 1990. Winnipeg hasn’t won a Division title since 2011. But Winnipeg is experiencing a new resurgence, finishing 10-8 last year and climbing to the top of some power rankings early in 2019.

It might be just the time to hop on the bandwagon.

Me likey!

5 hours ago, Firekid said:

See here:

I agree with @Noeller that the title is condescending ... but if this guy wants to be a bomber fan, he's all good in my books... there's plenty of room on the bandwagon for the Dakotas...

Edited by bearpants

5 hours ago, Firekid said:

See here:

Welcome aboard!