2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

3 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

At the end of the day the best thing to get the younger generation hooked on the sport is getting out and enjoying the same experience lots of us had as kids with our parents.

I was probably less than five years old, when taken to my first CFL game. Still have faint memories of it, and the team.... and helped turn me into a lifetime CFL fan.

4 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

At the end of the day the best thing to get the younger generation hooked on the sport is getting out and enjoying the same experience lots of us had as kids with our parents.  My 9 year old daughter hated everything to do with the bombers and football.  I kinda forced her to come to a game in Edmonton last year.  The players were so interactive and great with her and since that day she loves the bombers with all her heart.  Harris scored a touchdown and proceeded to run to us in the front row and personally gave her a ball and now she will be a fan for life.  

Thats awesome!! what a wonderful moment/memory for you and your daughter.

Off topic, But My 9 year, My parents and i are driving to Minneapolis at the end of the month in a 1959 chrysler and a 1960 chrysler for a car show.    I have fun memories of driving to places in the US for car shows specific to these cars with my parents 20 years ago and i'm really happy that My son will be able to share them with me and his grandparents.. I wanted to bring my 4.5 year old daughter but she would he too much of a handful driving all that way in these cars.

6 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Another idea that's never come to fruition/gone by the wayside that would help the teenage demographic is a CFL video game. 

I absolutely love what they're doing in Edmonton though, I think that's a fantastic idea. 

Maybe.  I think they should really push the flag football program.  If I had to choose between that and video game it’s the flag football.  Get kids moving, familiar with the game, get them a jersey of their own.

I absolutely love the way Flag Football is making inroads for kids who want to play football and get a taste for it. The CFL  has back regional tournaments in the 9 CFL cities and a Grey Cup tournament. I hope they continue with that program.

Its the logical choice for affordability and without the worries of contact before the kids are ready. 

(It seems also to be a demo sport of sorts, when Toronto plays, as there’s not much tackling going on there too.)

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I like all these ideas to get the next generation of fans hooked. I disagree on the older demographic for the Bombers, I've seen a lot of children and young adults.

It probably depends on where you sit... I'd say in my section the majority is in the 30-50 range...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I’d way rather watch a flag football game at halftime than an ‘up and coming’ cdn band

I disagree... just get a good band instead... there's probably about 100 bands in Winnipeg that are better than that **** they promoted last home game...