2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

it was more a fact they price pointed it way too high and outside the norms for CFL games...they corrected the error and made it better

you are correct, thanks. "The cheapest tickets were originally on sale for nearly three times that much, at $78 plus some extra fees. "

https://globalnews.ca/news/5463929/slashed-prices-touchdown-atlantic-game-moncton/

Mystery resolved.

Als agree to terms with Canadian LB Ackie: According to TSN690's Joey Alfieri, the Montreal Alouettes have agreed to terms with Canadian linebacker Chris Ackie. https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-alouettes-agree-to-terms-with-canadian-linebacker-chris-ackie-1.1334351?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter  via @TSN_Sports

Lankford brain cramp cost him his job

he Ottawa REDBLACKS of the Canadian Football League made the following roster transactions:

SIGNED:

American linebacker Jeff Knox Jr.
HEIGHT: 6’2 | WEIGHT: 225 LBS | BIRTHDAY: February 22nd, 1992 (27)
HOMETOWN: Pittsburgh, PA| SCHOOL: California (PA)

American linebacker Jerod Fernandez
HEIGHT: 6’0 | WEIGHT: 220 LBS | BIRTHDAY: May 26th, 1994 (25)
HOMETOWN: Altamonte, FL| SCHOOL: North Carolina State

RELEASED:

• American wide receiver Ryan Lankford (Illinois)
  • American defensive lineman Blaine Woodson (Delaware)
  • American defensive back Ranthony Texada (Texas Christian)

Think teams are starting to realize they have to start being much more affordable. Esk are giving free admission to kids 17 and under.

he Edmonton Eskimos introduce a new $22 general admission pass – marking the lowest cost of entry to Esks home games in nearly a decade.

“We’ve heard from our fans that affordability is a barrier to more people attending games. We needed to address that and didn’t want to wait until next season,” says Mandy Johnston, Eskimos Interim President and Vice President of Finance and Business Administration.

“There is no thrill like Eskimos Football when the stadium is energized by tens of thousands of fans cheering on the Green and Gold, both for the fans and for team performance. We hope this adjustment will allow more to be a part of our live game-day environment, which is one of the best in the league.”

The $22 general admission pass, named the Empire North Pass, is available for each regular-season home game and includes all taxes and fees when purchased before game day. On game day, the price is $25, including all taxes and fees.

The pass gains fans entry to the stadium to gather as they please. General admission seating for purchasers is now open in the north endzone — located under the scoreboard, in the sections previously covered by sponsor tarps — should they want a seat. Assigned seating in the stadium remains available in all East and West in-bowl sections.

The Eskimos also announce all youth, aged 17 and under, receive free admission to home games now through the iconic Labour Day Rematch, presented by Nissan, in the Brickley’s Knothole Section and bronze seating sections.

In addition to the free youth admission, those aged 12 and under now receive free passes for the Eskimos Kids Club, presented by The Brick, giving them access to the field after every home for autograph sessions with players.

“The Eskimos are partnering with the City of Edmonton to provide this free youth admission for our summer home games. Both organizations are thrilled to open our gates to youth to experience and develop a deeper love for Eskimos Football,” says Johnston.

New pricing and free youth admission is available immediately.

8 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Edmonton esks lowered some ticket prices to 22 bucks. Free to those under a certain age.

about time.

hope some other teams do something similar.

Do we have early attendance numbers yet. Kinda not sound good. Even future home of Argos cutting prices.

The new pricing initiatives from the Eskimos is outstanding.

It only makes sense to get the fans, and potential fans in the stadium. It really won’t cost them anything and it invites renewed interest and new interest.

Bravo!

B.C., Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, and even Winnipeg, you’re up..

18 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Should be a CFL wide things. Most likely if you have kids getting those free tickets you still will be buying one or two for the parents or supervisors.

With a very unscientific check at who I see at Bomber games, would say that it is an older demographic.   Getting kids in the stadium and fans of the team and league now, does wonders when they grow to adults and potential ticket buyers.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Edmonton esks lowered some ticket prices to 22 bucks. Free to those under a certain age.

about time.

hope some other teams do something similar.

If the Bombers lowered the kids prices i would go and see more games.. my 9 year old only wants to go because he can go on the field after the game.. not really interested in the game itself.. or atleast watching with me at home.

The price is kinda expensive just to get him on the field.. I would also bring my 4 year, she would probally be into it, but that alot of money to bring two kids that are not super interested, aside from the snacks, drinks and playing on the field. 

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I like all these ideas to get the next generation of fans hooked. I disagree on the older demographic for the Bombers, I've seen a lot of children and young adults.

At the end of the day the best thing to get the younger generation hooked on the sport is getting out and enjoying the same experience lots of us had as kids with our parents.  My 9 year old daughter hated everything to do with the bombers and football.  I kinda forced her to come to a game in Edmonton last year.  The players were so interactive and great with her and since that day she loves the bombers with all her heart.  Harris scored a touchdown and proceeded to run to us in the front row and personally gave her a ball and now she will be a fan for life.