2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

3 hours ago, BBlink said:

Arash Madani is an idiot and his arguments absolutely suck. But it really does come down to the CBA and the responsibilities of the CFLPA. Is anyone surprised he filed for an appeal? That's just how it works.

As much as I like Ambrosie's passion for the league, he tends to treat it as his own personal plaything at times. That to me is a little concerning. His statement sounds childish.

Don't blame Ambrosie, apparently he is little more than Wade Miller's sock puppet.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

28 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought Lefors was healthy for the first 4 games but the offense was absolutely terrible. I don't blame him as I do remember the play calling and confusion was a huge reason for the ball not being moved.      He ended up getting hurt and they hauled in Bishop.

What I did not know was that he had worked out Casey Printers in the off season... I never knew that we had interest in Printers.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/bombers-look-for-new-options/article1200491/

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/lefors-fizzles-to-a-finish-disappointing-season-ends-with-qb-undergoing-surgery-on-shoulder-58914602.html

Shoulder started acting up after the first game of the regular season.  If I remember properly he made a spectactular running play and took a HARD hit near the sideline about halfway through the game...

EDIT - wasn't a spectactular play I think, based on https://www.cfl.ca/games/1567/#playbyplay it was a 3 yard run at the end of the 1st quarter.  B.Randall came in and finished the quarter.  His play before that wasn't spectacular, but he really didn't have many opportunities to shine either.

Edited by BomberfanMKS

4 hours ago, do or die said:

No one in camp, last season expected to see much of The Strev.  But he produced 21 TD's in just over 200 touches.

which is incredible. But he is very good ad plowing ahead on the goal like.   Its like have Joe Smith without the eccentrics and he ability to be a QB.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I thought Lefors was healthy for the first 4 games but the offense was absolutely terrible. I don't blame him as I do remember the play calling and confusion was a huge reason for the ball not being moved.      He ended up getting hurt and they hauled in Bishop.

What I did not know was that he had worked out Casey Printers in the off season... I never knew that we had interest in Printers.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/bombers-look-for-new-options/article1200491/

I Remeber us looking at Printers.  Printers looked good in BC and then failed horribly when he didn't have a good supporting cast to move the ball.   he was a motivational speaker though.

15 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Bishop had and arm, and single handily almost dragged us to the playoff despite Mike Kelly's Offence.

LOL - at the .55 mark:

Gord Miller:  Matt, when did you get conservative?

Matt Dunigan: When Michael Bishop was my quarterback.

HAAA HAAA

15 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Bishop had and arm, and single handily almost dragged us to the playoff despite Mike Kelly's Offence.

Great video that really encapsulates the 2009 season. Huge throws from Bishop to Bowman, Edwards, and Titus Ryan. Jovon Johnson punt return TD. Brock Ralph drop in the endzone. The return of Troy Westwood as our punter. Ricky Santos QB sneak.

What a ridiculous year that was.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Great video that really encapsulates the 2009 season. Huge throws from Bishop to Bowman, Edwards, and Titus Ryan. Jovon Johnson punt return TD. Brock Ralph drop in the endzone. The return of Troy Westwood as our punter. Ricky Santos QB sneak.

What a ridiculous year that was.

ha yeah though other than Odell Beckham I don't see who would have caught that pass that Ralph dropped.  It was humming at 90 miles an hour and thrown behind him.  Those were Dieter Brock-like throws.

21 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

ha yeah though other than Odell Beckham I don't see who would have caught that pass that Ralph dropped.  It was humming at 90 miles an hour and thrown behind him.  Those were Dieter Brock-like throws.

Yeah it's a bit unreasonable to call that a drop but Brock Ralph didn't earn the benefit of the doubt!

42 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The velocity of those passes is amazing, Bishop throwing ropes.

The strongest arm in bomber history imo. Insane. The 10 yard ish pass early one he was virtually on his knees. 

The real amazing thing in that highlight is the als being first in the league. 

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Sorry, but nobody that came through here had a stronger arm than Brock

If you go back and watch any highlights of brocks you like, and compare with any random highlights of bishop you can handily see brock has less velocity. Brock was infinitely a better qb, but no doubt bishop had a better arm. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If you go back and watch any highlights of brocks you like, and compare with any random highlights of bishop you can handily see brock has less velocity. Brock was infinitely a better qb, but no doubt bishop had a better arm. 

We will just have to disagree.   Watched this guy at practice, chuck some throws into the end zone, from midfield.  On his knees.

27 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When Brock was with the Rams he said in his book he threw the ball 95 yards in practice once. Brock had a better grasp of his offense than Bishop did of his playbook. Bishop was a much more athletic qb who had wheels. He liked to run. Brock liked to stay in the pocket & throw the ball.

No one is arguing who the better QB is... Not even in the least. Pure arm strength discussion...