2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

18 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I got some:

What is a Mennonite ethical dilemma?

Free dance lessons.

So Abe Penner gets shipwrecked on a desert island all by himself. He's stuck there and doesn't know what to do, but he figures it's a good idea to build a church...for although he's the only person on the island he figures that, come Sunday, he doesn't want to be the only person on the island NOT in church!

Years later, a ship passes by the island. One of the guys from the rescue team sees a large, ornate building on edge of the beach and asks him "Wow! Somebody had some spare time on their hands to practice their carpentry skills! That's quite the house you built yourself?"

Abe, stunned, says "No! I would never live in such an ornate building! This is no house of a mere man sir! This is the house of the Lord!"

The rescuer, bewildered, then points to another, smaller building several hundred feet behind the church and asks him "Well, if this is a church, is THAT your house?"

Abe turns, spits and replies loudly, "No sir! That's the church I used to attend!

Why do mennonite boys grow beards?

They want to look just like their moms!

This is great.  Not sure if you're aware of the site but my brother operates a pretty funny Mennonite satire site called dailybonnet.com.  

1 hour ago, Booch said:

yeah kinda funny...especially the Gainey part...wayyyy overated and never understood it...gets bunrned way too often to be considered elite...and other than the one year where he got all those interceptions (10) many of which were gifts and not from superb coverage he has pick totals of 0/0/2/0/3/3...hardly a guy who creates turnovers or makes a huge difference...he of 1 sack and 4 forced fumbles in his entire 7 year career.

I'm sure we will see him in Banks or Taskers dust tonight a few times

I thought he was pretty dominant when he was a corner.   But as a halfback is a completely different level of challenging in the CFL and he's really dropped back down to earth in that role. 

Just now, Colin Unger said:

This is great.  Not sure if you're aware of the site but my brother operates a pretty funny Mennonite satire site called dailybonnet.com.  

I have been to that site many times.  Didn't know that it was your brother.  Let him know that I know of a lot of Mennonites that love going there!  I really liked the story about Justin Trudeau spending his holidays at the Grunthal gravel pit.  That was hilarious.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I have been to that site many times.  Didn't know that it was your brother.  Let him know that I know of a lot of Mennonites that love going there!  I really liked the story about Justin Trudeau spending his holidays at the Grunthal gravel pit.  That was hilarious.

I will let him know.  Glad you're enjoying it.  It was recently referenced in the House of Commons when Candice Bergman made a speech about establishing a Mennonite Heritage Week in Canada.

37 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Barbequed some last night for supper. Its says right on package that is farmers sausage.  Good question.  One thing is for sure, its good stuff.  My other favorite export out of Manitoba comes from Gimli 

I do the burger style farmer sausage patties with a sunny side egg up in a toasted burger bun for breakfast every now and then, deadly good. Love farmer sausage. 

42 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm looking into a pipeline from Gimli to my house. I'm having troubles navigating the new rules on pipelines though. Hoping the Supreme Court rules in my favour. 

Many a morning waking up after a Rider game I have cursed Gimli and its devils juice.   LOL

44 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Barbequed some last night for supper. Its says right on package that is farmers sausage.  Good question.  One thing is for sure, its good stuff.  My other favorite export out of Manitoba comes from Gimli 

Farmer sausage and Crown Royal.  Now that's a Manitoba feast fit for a king.

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I do the burger style farmer sausage patties with a sunny side egg up in a toasted burger bun for breakfast every now and then, deadly good. Love farmer sausage. 

"Ever shovelled meat Billy?"  I'm familiar with the product as I once had a summer job at Canada Packers shovelling tons of "source meat" from wheeled bin into the patty and sausage making machines....strangely I've never had the desire to eat any reconstituted meat products since that experience.  I had a new lad wheeling the carts one day ask incredulously, "people eat this?"  My reply was "apparently some do".

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

"Ever shovelled meat Billy?"  I'm familiar with the product as I once had a summer job at Canada Packers shovelling tons of "source meat" from wheeled bin into the patty and sausage making machines....strangely I've never had the desire to eat any reconstituted meat products since that experience.  I had a new lad wheeling the carts one day ask incredulously, "people eat this?"  My reply was "apparently some do".

My first ever job was working in a truck stop kitchen. I couldn't eat at a restaurant for years after. So i started building for a living. Never have that feeling when I see stuff ive built. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

This is the wurst derailing of a thread in a long time..

Were just hungry for the regular season and news we can sink our teeth into. 

On 2019-06-12 at 10:43 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

I’m sure a guy who played a decade with the Eskimos is a Bomber mole.

But this is where you are wrong.  The 10 years as an Eskimo were part of the conspiracy.  He was part of a sleeper cell.  I could tell you the others in the cell but I would have to kill you.  You think this is going to end at CFL commissioner, but you are wrong.  It is only the start.  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers, along with their Mini-Me (aka Valour FC), are on their way.   Shhhhhhhh.  

Oh geeze you guys, this is hitting way too close to home. A bolt of lightning might strike me for saying this, but the best farmer sausage you can get in Winnipeg is the stuff Miller's Meats makes in-house. Even better than Pioneer *crouches in fear*. Goes on sale all the time too!

Here's a Mennonite dad joke from my Winklerite father-in-law:

What do you call two Winkler ambulance drivers who are fighting?

Pair-a-mad-Dycks

Groan.

59 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The sausage in Blumenort is superb.  Always truck back many lbs in my luggage when I come out to Manitoba.

If that is the same plant that I am thinking of, it got into financial trouble a few years back. Apparently, business was so bad, the owners started packing pure fat into one end of the sausages to cut costs. Happily, things improved so that they could make both ends meat.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I say let them have it... how many Bomber fans are still replaying the 2007 GC with Kevin Glenn under centre?...

hahaha...no doubt...2 factors gave the Riders that win...No Glenn and we still almost beat them with Dinoodle...and if there was challenges/command center then...the pivotal INT be overturned...yup they won and you can't cry over split milk or change things, but they shouldn't have

the "joke" they liked to tell around my old office when I worked in Winkler: "If you're going fishing with a Mennonite, bring enough beer for the both of you. If you're going fishing with 2 Mennonites, only bring beer for yourself..." and it's the honest truth. A lotta hypocrisy goes on in southern MB...

On 2019-06-10 at 1:37 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It sounds as if desperation is beginning to take over from logic, hopefully they have some background in football or more connection to Montreal than just being born there.  Reeks of Glieberman.

If they kick Kavis Reed's butt out, the Als will be instantly approved.  I have come to the point where I believe he is literally a Nutjob, a total Nutjob.  Just when you think he can't do any worse, he one ups his last bit of stupid.

And now, I mean not only does he fire Sherman right at the 11th hour right after training camp is all done and the season is at the door, he lies his ass off about it.  How bad of a Dbag can you be to not even admit you fired your HC and be such a scared chickenshit about it?  Disgraceful on all counts!!

I don't care what anyone thinks about Sherman, I just got zero respect now for Reed, and I mean ZERO.  I'm not going to change my mind about that ever and I'd call on the CFL to blackball him right outta here.