2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

MJHL

Stienbach Pistons, Virdon Oil Capitals, Portage Terriers, OCN Blizzard, Winkler Flyers, Winkler Blues, Selkirk Steelers, Swan Valley Stampeders, Neepawa Natives, Dauphin Kings, Waywascappo Wolverines..

SJHL is big.

But Manitoba also has the Moose. A second pro franchise. 

Edited by JCon

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

MJHL

Stienbach Pistons, Virdon Oil Capitals, Portage Terriers, OCN Blizzard, Winkler Flyers, Winkler Blues, Selkirk Steelers, Swan Valley Stampeders, Neepawa Natives, Dauphin Kings, Waywascappo Wolverines..

Also the MMJHL which has ten teams and are all withing the city....sure not all WHL teams but teams that have paying customers none the less, and all within an hour of Winnipeg, and like I said in my original post don't really consider Jr Hockey in either province as it is not a professional league....fact of the matter there is one major sporting event for the entire province

I also have read a lot of stuff in articles over the years too...doesn't mean it's a 100 percent fact...does it?

How many pee wee teams do you have?   LOL.  Ya I get it.  We have about 12 teams I think in the SJHL, so yes about the same

Edited by Ripper

4 hours ago, Rod Black said:

I needed to repost this quote with bold and italics where appropriate because I’d agree but couldn’t articulate the thoughts near as well. 

QFT. Not to mention it seems Ambroise wields a fraction of the power that Cohen had. I feel like he is as much an ambassador and the whip used by the owners. Not the guy cracking the whip. And I think its a pretty good situation honestly. I feel like the governance of the league has been progressive, firm and more then fair. 

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

MJHL

Also the MMJHL which has ten teams and are all withing the city....sure not all WHL teams but teams that have paying customers none the less, and all within an hour of Winnipeg, and like I said in my original post don't really consider Jr Hockey in either province as it is not a professional league....fact of the matter there is one major sporting event for the entire province

I also have read a lot of stuff in articles over the years too...doesn't mean it's a 100 percent fact...does it?

From personal experience the support and gear representation for the Pistons and Flyers are phenomenal. 

Also, the owners of the Pistons  (Vielfaures) Sold half of the options in their family company this year, for $500,000,000. How many of the sask minor hockey teams have owners with pockets like that?

Just now, Adrenaline_x said:

i'll give ripper a pass on most things as he adds to the disccussioon vs some of the circle jerking that goes around sometimes.  I also respect that he supports his team with 6 season ticket seats.

Have to rephrase.  I have 4 and my son in law is right beside us and he has 2. I shouldn't have said I have 6, I should have said we have 6. But yes 4 tickets and a parking pass is well over 3k

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

i'll give ripper a pass on most things as he adds to the disccussioon vs some of the circle jerking that goes around sometimes.  I also respect that he supports his team with 6 season ticket seats.

Agree 100%. I generally enjoy rippers contributions to the site. Seems like a good guy, passionate cfl fan. He is a rider fan though and we will all find our selves on opposite sides of the fence some times. 

yeah I like to give Ripper a hard time...more in fun but he seems like a good fan of is team, and league and can actually have back and forth convo that actually makes sense and isn't blinded like others on his site...and can take it and give it just the same...it's interesting though if one of us venture there and make similar type comments/statements are attacked for it, degraded at times and generally banned......weird lol

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree 100%. I generally enjoy rippers contributions to the site. Seems like a good guy, passionate cfl fan. He is a rider fan though and we will all find our selves on opposite sides of the fence some times. 

ohh.. I still hate him though because he is a rider fan.  just to make that clear. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah I like to give Ripper a hard time...more in fun but he seems like a good fan of is team, and league and can actually have back and forth convo that actually makes sense and isn't blinded like others on his site...and can take it and give it just the same...it's interesting though if one of us venture there and make similar type comments/statements are attacked for it, degraded at times and generally banned......weird lol

He gets attacked here alot as well..Some are just a bit more blind to it :)  Blue colored glasses and all.

Edited by Adrenaline_x

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

I try to respond and converse with other teams fans on our site, so they feel welcome to post. I think it makes the site better to have outside opinions.  Sometimes its trolling 101, those guys are on their own.  This whole Ambrosie conspiracy thing was only a joke. I was making a joke in first post referencing the Winnipeg mafia comment. I never meant for it to go much further.  No big deal to me, its all in fun.   We are still gonna kick your guys asses this year, on the field, in attendance, of and definitely in merchandise sales.  Probably in pee wee hockey too

Edited by Ripper

yeah I enjoy discusssing with other fan bases..get diffeent perspectives...but man sometimes some there get wayyy over sensitive and ultra immature...but its all good fun..I post on a couple other sites but under a different name...

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah I enjoy discusssing with other fan bases..get diffeent perspectives...but man sometimes some there get wayyy over sensitive and ultra immature...but its all good fun..I post on a couple other sites but under a different name...

I considered using different name when I opened account here.  I thought screw it,  might as well just be me.  Makes it easier if people hate me, that way they don't have to hate 2 people.  

11 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I try to respond and converse with other teams fans on our site, so they feel welcome to post. I think it makes the site better to have outside opinions.  Sometimes its trolling 101, those guys are on their own.  This whole Ambrosie conspiracy thing was only a joke. I was making a joke in first post referencing the Winnipeg mafia comment. I never meant for it to go much further.  No big deal to me, its all in fun.   We are still gonna kick your guys asses this year, on the field, in attendance, of and definitely in merchandise sales.  Probably in pee wee hockey too

Hey Rip, we know you are joking....sometimes not sure about some guys on your own site......you know, the ones that were crying, a while back.... about the CFL's ongoing conspiracy against Chris Jones and the Riders.

For me, the Canadian Mafia stuff is a constant barrel of laughs.

You are welcome to post......

ps...over the years, have always used my name, because at this stage, I like to think of it....like a good brand of gin.

Edited by do or die

41 minutes ago, do or die said:

Hey Rip, we know you are joking....sometimes not sure about some guys on your own site......you know, the ones that were crying, a while back.... about the CFL's ongoing conspiracy against Chris Jones and the Riders.

For me, the Canadian Mafia stuff is a constant barrel of laughs.

You are welcome to post......

ps...over the years, have always used my name, because at this stage, I like to think of it....like a good brand of gin.

I appreciate that you do, at least I know who I am talking to there and here.  The Canadian mafia stuff is definitely true, Dave Dickensen said so

Edited by Ripper

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I appreciate that you do, at least I know who I am talking to there and here.  The Cnadain mafia stuff is definitely true, Dave Dickensen said so

The whole fam is dodgy. Don't trust any of them! ;)

1 minute ago, Firekid said:

Now that you guys are done hugging, can we get back to telling Ripper how much the Riders suck and how Riders fans suck even more etc, sister wives etc etc. and banjo picking etc etc and other inbred type stuff?

Ok. Have at it.  Was hoping for some new material this year from you Mennonites.