2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

18 minutes ago, Ripper said:

When coaches salary cap came in. Bombers seemed like they were fine with it when no one else seemed to be.  They said they had that few coaches and they weren't paying over that amount. 

So the bombers have sane management and that makes the commish a bomber backer? Maybe don't over spend on a prick like Jones and the coaching cap isn't a problem.

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So the bombers have sane management and that makes the commish a bomber backer? Maybe don't over spend on a prick like Jones and the coaching cap isn't a problem.

who else was under the dollar figure set out by the league besides the Bombers?  For the record, I didn't mind the cap, thought the number should have been higher

Edited by Ripper

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

who else was under the dollar figure set out by the league besides the Bombers?  For the record, I didn't mind the cap, thought the number should have been higher

You can hate the Bombers all you like, and you should. We all certainly hate the Riders. But hate us for legitimate reasons. Georgraphical reasons or your grandparents taught you from a young age you should always hate the Bombers or you think our players are whiners or we signed players that you used to like when they played on your team. All that stuff is fine, it just greatly undermines your credibility when you make up some crazy conspiracy theory that has literally zero chance of being true. Imagine the commissioner of the CFL favoring the freaking Winnipeg Blue Bombers of all teams. You think a guy works his whole life, plays professional football, becomes a successful businessman so he can become the commission of the CFL and rule in such a way that benefits his hometown team? Give me a freaking break. This is all so stupid.

He said they look to be just as good.  Yes they have lost some pieces but I keep expecting them to fall off every year when they loose something but Huff, Dickerson and BLM seem to keep Winning year after years regardless of who left.  

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Nah that was adr-x. 

I can see his point, and ive heard they had a great camp and cut some really good players same as us. So I dont blame any one for expecting the stamps to still be the stamps. 

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

You can hate the Bombers all you like, and you should. We all certainly hate the Riders. But hate us for legitimate reasons. Georgraphical reasons or your grandparents taught you from a young age you should always hate the Bombers or you think our players are whiners or we signed players that you used to like when they played on your team. All that stuff is fine, it just greatly undermines your credibility when you make up some crazy conspiracy theory that has literally zero chance of being true. Imagine the commissioner of the CFL favoring the freaking Winnipeg Blue Bombers of all teams. You think a guy works his whole life, plays professional football, becomes a successful businessman so he can become the commission of the CFL and rule in such a way that benefits his hometown team? Give me a freaking break. This is all so stupid.

I don't hate the Bombers first of all. I commented on the cap for coaches and obviously its a sensitive issue with some of you. Fact remains the Bombers were under the number set out by the league. I think maybe BC was but am not sure, numbers wise they were but not salary wise. You are filling in a lot of blanks and taking many leaps in your post to things I never said.

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

When coaches salary cap came in. Bombers seemed like they were fine with it when no one else seemed to be.  They said they had that few coaches and they weren't paying over that amount. 

Oh Ripper, how we missed you.

See how you foster debate and singlehandedly brought everyone together.

:)

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Just now, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Its Winnipeg. We are cheap as F***. We dont spend a lot on things...coaches included.

OK.  Just so this can be at a conclusion.  In your opinion, do you think its possible that fans of another team either the most effected or certainly one of the most effected, would make comments regarding the team least effected when the commissioner is from same city?  When the cap number set out was already compliant with said cities team?.  Not saying its right or wrong, not saying its true or false. Just saying is it possible that a comment may be made regarding that?  We both know the answer to that. Its odd that many are jumping on me about this when its easy to see where said opinion and comments would be directed if shoe was on other foot. Wasn't looking for argument, my post was actually a joke response to the mafia comment. It just took on a life of its own from there. 

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh Ripper, how we missed you.

See how you foster debate and singlehandedly brought everyone together.

:)

Its what I do.  I should have been a boy scout troop leader or something.  Its a discussion board, there is nothing wrong with discussion is there? People are allowed to debate things aren't they?

Edited by Ripper

7 minutes ago, Ripper said:

OK.  Just so this can be at a conclusion.  In your opinion, do you think its possible that fans of another team either the most effected or certainly one of the most effected, would make comments regarding the team least effected when the commissioner is from same city?  When the cap number set out was already compliant with said cities team?.  Not saying its right or wrong, not saying its true or false. Just saying is it possible that a comment may be made regarding that?  We both know the answer to that. Its odd that many are jumping on me about this when its easy to see where said opinion and comments would be directed if shoe was on other foot. Wasn't looking for argument, my post was actually a joke response to the mafia comment. It just took on a life of its own from there. 

Was it not your president who pushed for the cap?

9 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Lol

You do you. Keep at it and never apologise.

I don't know why people take things so seriously.  I'm very serious about my Riders but its just a game.  I have more important things in my life than the Riders. Family, kids, work. 

Edited by Ripper

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Was it not your president who pushed for the cap?

The Riders said they would support it, why would we push it when we have unlimited amount of money to spend.  Riders have paid the most for coaches for years. We have had out financial struggles in the past, I'm sure we realized it was probably a necessary thing 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Yeah prior to him being commissioner the bombers colluded with him to set themselves up..is that what you are implying?. Sure sounds like it..I thought you had more sense and intelligence than most of that clan on your forum..

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

Childish... or just plain stupidity.

Whatever idea/plan Randy Ambroise has (for CFL), it has to be voted/approved by the CFL Board of Governors, and I believe every team has representation. If only the Bombers is OK with it, it should not been approved. The vote should have been 1-8, if you think of it. 

Unless of course, you think that the CFL Commisioner can do whatever he wants without the approval of the board. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.