2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

If you watched the Stamps-Lions game on Saturday, you’d have noticed quite a few low snaps. That’s because Cody Husband retired and Hunter Stewart has been trying his hand at it.

So, what does Hervey do? Snaps a centre off the Eskimos PR..

I’m sure the Bomber Coaching staff has taken note of that situation.

A solid centre who has never played centre in a meaningful game.

"Solid" might be a little strong.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Calgary is still going to be a good team, but I think their D is also poised to take a step back which is massive. Their offense gets all the headlines, but it was their defense that carried them last year if you ask me. 

BLM hasn't been the same for a couple years....he's a winner, to be sure, but the D was the difference maker last year. They took a pile of hits all across the depth chart and I think that causes them to finally fall off...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Really?? They lost a TON on the defensive side of the ball....I mean, sure they've got BLM, but they definitely don't look as good as years past...

But they still have Huffer and Dickenson, so that is like spotting them 10 yards in a 100 yard sprint.

Agree that many on Riderfans see the team taking a step back this year.  Most appear to have picked the team finishing 4th or 5th with some picking 3rd.

Their offense may be just as bad this year, but it's unlikely the defense can repeat their performance from last year given the losses of some key personnel including Jones.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

BLM hasn't been the same for a couple years....he's a winner, to be sure, but the D was the difference maker last year. They took a pile of hits all across the depth chart and I think that causes them to finally fall off...

By pretty much any measure, Bo had the best season of his career last year. With a makeshift receiving core.

Their D took some hits in the off season but they definitely deserve the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

“Now that we have our roster, I definitely feel like, on paper, we have a better roster than we did last year,” began the Bombers middle linebacker and the Canadian Football League’s Most Outstanding Defensive Player.

“That’s not a slight on anything on anyone. It’s just about the new guys that have come in and the pieces we’ve added. Now, of course, it all comes down to putting it together on the field. We have expectations of what we want to do. Now it’s time to do it.” 

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/06/11/skys-limit-2019-bombers-look-talented-deep/

No doubt Adam, no doubt..

39 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This is interesting and makes sense too.

TSN: 

If an American player or Global player decides to go to a U Sports school and play football for at least 3 years, and graduates, they will count as a Canadian in that draft.

I’m not sure if he played three years for the Rams - but that means a guy like Akeem Hicks could’ve potentially been considered Canadian. 

13 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

This is interesting and makes sense too.

TSN: 

If an American player or Global player decides to go to a U Sports school and play football for at least 3 years, and graduates, they will count as a Canadian in that draft.

A player that should be re-classified under this rule is Boris Bede the Als kicker, born in France but played for Laval from 2011 to 2014.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne