2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

Agreed. Their 2 biggest impact defensive playmakers (Eguavoen and Jefferson) are gone. Not to mention their defense scored on an unprecedented and completely unsustainable rate last season. How those melonheads can possibly think their defense isn't going to take a step back this year is beyond me.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

To be fair, they did pick up Micah and Solo. However. Micah won't be the game changer Jefferson was. Don't get me wrong. He's very good. But is he going to take over games, and even win games by scoring points? No he isn't. Solo is an interesting one...is he going to be as good as he was in BC? When is he going to play even?

add to it the big replacement..Johnson doesn't have the supporting cast that he had in CGY...so he certainly will have lesser numbers...and who knows what Hughes has left...he burns out by mid season last 2 years and being a year older..can't see that trend reversing

Jefferson allowed that defense to do a lot of different things, and truthfully Eguavoen was probably their best all around defender too..so AC Leonard and whoever replaces Eguavoen is a major downgrade from last year...

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I thought raiding other team's practice roster was a no-no. 

Nope, all good. If you want to keep them, put them on your roster. 

That being said, you better be sure, as a player, that you're not putting yourself even further back. They're going to throw this kid out there on Saturday and it will be a very steep learning curve with our front 4. 

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Nope, all good. If you want to keep them, put them on your roster. 

That being said, you better be sure, as a player, that you're not putting yourself even further back. They're going to throw this kid out there on Saturday and it will be a very steep learning curve with our front 4. 

Wait, they are putting that kid against our D-line. Damn- that is going to be fun. 

looking at Rider fans alot of them have a realistic view of the west.. and a few are out to lunch putting the bombers at the bottom and out of the playoffs.   Now the bombers may not be world beaters this year with O-line changes but i'm not sure how they figure the additions of jefferson, mathews, whitehead et all aren't going to offset some of those losses.. While the Riders lost their " greatest defensive mind the cfl has ever seen" while losing jefferson and still relying on macadoodoo and Carlost.  Maybe they suprise us and the offence improves enough to offset the drop in the defense but, the defense is what won them games.

BC Could be really good with Reilly if their O-line can provide alot more time then they did in Edmonton.   Not sure about edmonton and Harris.  Calgary looks to be just as good as years past.

I think Hamilton does really well and will wait to see what happens with the rest. 

52 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Ed Herv- the new CHris Jones. Every league needs a heel.

Lets be real, no one will be worse then saveface reed until he is finally cleansed from the league. Hervey does seem to be the heir apparent. And Maas. 

24 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

looking at Rider fans alot of them have a realistic view of the west.. and a few are out to lunch putting the bombers at the bottom and out of the playoffs.   Now the bombers may not be world beaters this year with O-line changes but i'm not sure how they figure the additions of jefferson, mathews, whitehead et all aren't going to offset some of those losses.. While the Riders lost their " greatest defensive mind the cfl has ever seen" while losing jefferson and still relying on macadoodoo and Carlost.  Maybe they suprise us and the offence improves enough to offset the drop in the defense but, the defense is what won them games.

BC Could be really good with Reilly if their O-line can provide alot more time then they did in Edmonton.   Not sure about edmonton and Harris.  Calgary looks to be just as good as years past.

Really?? They lost a TON on the defensive side of the ball....I mean, sure they've got BLM, but they definitely don't look as good as years past...

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Really?? They lost a TON on the defensive side of the ball....I mean, sure they've got BLM, but they definitely don't look as good as years past...

No doubt they have. I wouldn't bet on them repeating as west division champs in the regular season. But they have a track record for replacing great talent with young great talent. Cant write them off till they are dead and burried. 

I would be shocked if they dont take a step back this year. (10-12 wins) If they dont, then every team should start poaching the stamps PR and sniping/acquiring back ups and Nlisters as much as possible. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No doubt they have. I wouldn't bet on them repeating as west division champs in the regular season. But they have a track record for replacing great talent with young great talent. Cant write them off till they are dead and burried. 

I would be shocked if they dont take a step back this year. (10-12 wins) If they dont, then every team should start poaching the stamps PR and sniping/acquiring back ups and Nlisters as much as possible. 

But you said, and I quote, "they look every bit as good as years past".........?

Just now, Noeller said:

But you said, and I quote, "they look every bit as good as years past".........?

Nah that was adr-x. 

I can see his point, and ive heard they had a great camp and cut some really good players same as us. So I dont blame any one for expecting the stamps to still be the stamps. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Nah that was adr-x. 

I can see his point, and ive heard they had a great camp and cut some really good players same as us. So I dont blame any one for expecting the stamps to still be the stamps. 

ahhh sorry, I'm an old man and get confused.........but........."every bit as good as previous years" isn't accurate. Potential to still win it all? Absolutely. But that's a whole other thing.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

ahhh sorry, I'm an old man and get confused.........but........."every bit as good as previous years" isn't accurate. Potential to still win it all? Absolutely. But that's a whole other thing.

All good. I agree its a reach. Its one I kinda get though. 

If you watched the Stamps-Lions game on Saturday, you’d have noticed quite a few low snaps. That’s because Cody Husband retired and Hunter Stewart has been trying his hand at it.

So, what does Hervey do? Snaps a centre off the Eskimos PR..

I’m sure the Bomber Coaching staff has taken note of that situation.

Edited by Mr Dee