2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

Seeing as he’s played football around these parts, it comes as no surprise to surface here, but I just don’t know about Simonise. Potential..but why hasn’t it happened yet? 

Why not force your team to have a tougher decision on keeping you as opposed to releasing with question marks?

Petermann clearly outperformed him and that’s what counts for the Bombers..

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I always give the benefit of a doubt when there is doubt. I don’t know, but it seemed something was ‘off’ with Sherman. He seemed to be behind the curve, and now he admits it. 

The over the hill comment is unjustified, especially if there are other issues involved, but the man is 64 and we may be looking at something else here.

It's more than unjustified its ageist. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I had to unfollow him last year, he's an annoying tweeter.

Simonise is interesting to follow. Most of his actual tweets are about football but 90% of the time that he turns up on my timeline, it's because he's retweeted a tweet from some rather attractive young black lady who's showing off at being a rather attractive young black lady. Interesting 😉.

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Seeing as he’s played football around these parts, it comes as no surprise to surface here, but I just don’t know about Simonise. Potential..but why hasn’t it happened yet? 

Why not force your team to have a tougher decision on keeping you as opposed to releasing with question marks?

Petermann clearly outperformed him and that’s what counts for the Bombers..

The opportunity was there.  Wolitarsky was essentially a nobody coming into camp last year too, there was a spot up for grabs,  roles on offense up for grabs.  The guys who showed versatility and made plays are still here. 

Without fail here are the worst pre-season predictions in the league from the one and only Rod Pederson

West Division

1. Calgary Stampeders

2. B.C. Lions

3. Edmonton Eskimos

4. Saskatchewan Roughriders

5. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

East Division

1. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

2. Toronto Argonauts

3. Ottawa Redblacks

4. Montreal Alouettes

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Without fail here are the worst pre-season predictions in the league from the one and only Rod Pederson

West Division

1. Calgary Stampeders

2. B.C. Lions

3. Edmonton Eskimos

5. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

East Division

1. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

2. Toronto Argonauts

3. Ottawa Redblacks

4. Montreal Alouettes

Let me guess. He is predicting a Saskatchewan crossover?  Seems like your standard unbiased Rider Fan prediction.

27 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

West Division

1. Calgary Stampeders

2. B.C. Lions

3. Edmonton Eskimos

5. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

East Division

1. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

2. Toronto Argonauts

3. Ottawa Redblacks

4. Montreal Alouettes

Don't take Pederson too seriously. He predicted us to finish 5th last year too.

However, I am rather shocked he has the Riders finishing 4th (did not think his Rider glasses allowed for that).

Deeisms - IVIGing

👁‍🗨I have a hard time believing Collaros will be QBing a team to another 12-4 record this season. And that’s playing 16 games..

👁‍🗨BC doesn’t have a bonafide centre as yet. Maybe we can take advantage of that this Saturday. Learning to snap properly, then blocking on our DLine will be challenging.

👁‍🗨If Masoli gets protection this season, Hamilton has an easier path to 1st place in the East 

👁‍🗨Derel Walker gives the Argos a chance to compete this year. Him and the fact they play in the same division as Ottawa and Montreal

👁‍🗨 The Montreal Alouettes have listed Antonio Pipkin as the No. 1 quarterback on the team’s depth chart. And named the 23-year-old Pipkin the starting QB. Unless,of course, that changes right before the game.

👁‍🗨Forgeti Foketi. We have to.

👁‍🗨Figures that WR Josh HUFF made the Stampeders

👁‍🗨Congratulations to Matt Dunigan - One of North America's great quarterbacks, former @LATechFB star @MattDuniganTSN went on to become a @CFL Hall of Famer. He now joins ours! #Classof2019 - Louisiana Hall of Fame

👁‍🗨Europeans who made the cut:

Active Roster:

Max Zimmermann (Germany) – Saskatchewan Roughriders

Thiadric Hansen (Germany) – Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Kimi Linnainmaa (Finland) – Toronto Argonauts

Maxime Rouyer (France) – Edmonton Eskimos

Practice Roster - Valentin Gnahoua (France) – Hamilton Tiger-Cats

47 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

West Division

1. Calgary Stampeders

2. B.C. Lions

3. Edmonton Eskimos

5. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

East Division

1. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

2. Toronto Argonauts

3. Ottawa Redblacks

4. Montreal Alouettes

You know, around this time of year, before the season starts, I seem to forget what a total brain dead, laughing stock, biased, POS Rod Pederson is but then without fail he'll come out with something like this and it all comes flooding back....

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

That image of Mr Sherman fumbling to get his headset off and revealing his mid section for what seemed like an hour on national television will forever be burnt into my mind. I don't know what is worse though...the fact that the camera man just kept focusing in on this or the fact that I didn't look away and just kept watching the horror unfold on the HD image in front of me. That is how I will remember Mike Sherman. 

22 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Don't take Pederson too seriously. He predicted us to finish 5th last year too.

However, I am rather shocked he has the Riders finishing 4th (did not think his Rider glasses allowed for that).

Maybe some leftover bitterness from getting canned.

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Europeans who made the cut:

Active Roster:

Max Zimmermann (Germany) – Saskatchewan Roughriders

Thiadric Hansen (Germany) – Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Kimi Linnainmaa (Finland) – Toronto Argonauts

Maxime Rouyer (France) – Edmonton Eskimos

Practice Roster - Valentin Gnahoua (France) – Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Interesting. Hamilton picked before us, and their guy went to the PR, while Kimi in TO wasn't even drafted in the first round. I'm assuming the other teams are rostering Mexicans? Did any of the other global players show anywhere close to as well as Thiadric did in the pre-season games? (or show anything at all?)

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/04/11/first-cfl-european-draft-take-place-1-p-m-et/

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

West Division

1. Calgary Stampeders

2. B.C. Lions

3. Edmonton Eskimos

5. Winnipeg Blue Bombers

East Division

1. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

2. Toronto Argonauts

3. Ottawa Redblacks

4. Montreal Alouettes

Pedersen literally goes out of his way to put us last every year.

We live in his head rent free and it's great.