2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

The CFL needs to demand better coverage from TSN, including complete highlight packages on their website, of the 3 games played last night they dedicated less than 1 minute in total to the highlights of all 3 games.   The least they could do is show every TD, big play and turnover and maybe try to get the players names right.  In the  Bomber highlight video the commentator has Collaros completing a TD pass to #1 receiver, "Darwin Adams".

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The CFL needs to demand better coverage from TSN, including complete highlight packages on their website, of the 3 games played last night they dedicated less than 1 minute in total to the highlights of all 3 games.   The least they could do is show every TD, big play and turnover and maybe try to get the players names right.  In the  Bomber highlight video the commentator has Collaros completing a TD pass to #1 receiver, Darvin Adams.

I'm kinda meh on covering CFL pre-season versus NHL and NBA play-offs.

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'm kinda meh on covering CFL pre-season versus NHL and NBA play-offs.

TSN has no NHL coverage and only gets every second Raptors game.  As the official broadcaster of a 9 team league, they should put their money where their mouths are and cover all the pre-season games - especially out West where eyes will actually be on the broadcast.

7 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

TSN has no NHL coverage and only gets every second Raptors game.  As the official broadcaster of a 9 team league, they should put their money where their mouths are and cover all the pre-season games - especially out West where eyes will actually be on the broadcast.

but Toronto....

10 minutes ago, Tracker said:

This reminds me of when I was having sex with a German gal and she kept rating my performance by shouting "Nine! Nine" all the while. I was surprised to be rated that highly but I never heard from her again....

The same happened to me when she got a load of my package...She kept saying nine nine...I didn't know if that was a requirement or she just flat out said no...twice

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Its kind of the CFL's fault at one point you had all three games going on the same time. TSN is not going to broadcast all three.

TSN needs to read their wikipedia page.  Let them make a decision about which Ontario game to air, but put a crew out in Regina and use your regional channel for that.

As of 2010, TSN has been subject to deregulated Category C licensing by the CRTC, which allows multiple feeds to be operated under the TSN licence with no restrictions on alternate programming; TSN used this new ability to operate an autonomous TSN2, along with part-time feeds for regional NHL coverage.

On August 25, 2014, the primary TSN service was re-structured into four 24-hour feeds—TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5—with each designated as the primary TSN network for each region of Canada. TSN now essentially operates as a group of regional sports networks similarly to Sportsnet, the 1, 3, 4, and 5 channels air some common programming and simulcast major events, while all five channels are capable of airing programming autonomously—including alternative national events and studio shows, supplemental coverage of larger events, and regional programming (such as NHL games; subject to blackout outside the respective team's market).[2][4]

I don't know if anyone caught this yesterday:

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/06/05/fantasy-five-quarterback-questions-2019/

I'd have a couple things about that.  It would seem James Franklin got bumped up a little high on that list.  I'd take him before Collaros probably, but not before Nichols.  At least thus far in TOR, he hasn't shown he is any significant step above Matty.

Also, I wasn't aware Domanique Davis was the RedBlacks starter.  Shouldn't that be Jennings?

6 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I'd have a couple things about that.  It would seem James Franklin got bumped up a little high on that list.  I'd take him before Collaros probably, but not before Nichols.  At least thus far in TOR, he hasn't shown he is any significant step above Matty.

Also, I wasn't aware Domanique Davis was the RedBlacks starter.  Shouldn't that be Jennings?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/qb-dominique-davis-gets-starting-job-ottawa-redblacks/

6 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I expect them to go back n forth through out the year trying to find a starter between those two back ups. 

12 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

These are fantasy rankings so I figure they are penalizing Nichols because Streveler gets a lot of red zone reps.