NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game

JCon

Luck was booed off the field at halftime at Lucas Oil Stadium last night when word got out that he was retiring. Someone from the Colts organization (Irsay?) leaked the retirement to Jason La Canfora & he tweeted it immediately which Colts fans began learning about during the game.  Angry Colts fans began taking off their Andrew Luck jerseys & started booing the guy. Luck was going to announce his retirement Sunday at a press conference in Indy but was forced to do it after the game. The man had an unfortunate series of injuries one right after the other & he just felt he couldn't go on with the pain anymore so he decided to retire. I never criticize an athlete for any decision he/she makes when it comes to injuries. They have a right to choose their own destiny & happiness in life so the booing last night was really sad.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

I always thought that Jim looked more like a business professional than a quarterback, lol...  however, you gotta love him and his game...

Back then, late 60's....??? Namath, Tarkenton (Giants) Unitas, Meredith, Starr, Kapp, Gabriel, Hart, Brodie, Dawson. Those were the guys I liked watching on tv. We got one or 2 games a week up here back then on CBC TV. But not until after the Grey Cup was played.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Back then, late 60's....??? Namath, Tarkenton (Giants) Unitas, Meredith, Starr, Kapp, Gabriel, Hart, Brodie, Dawson. Those were the guys I liked watching on tv. We got one or 2 games a week up here back then on CBC TV. But not until after the Grey Cup was played.

3233-815999RepFr.jpgyeah, he looks like a loan officer at the bank, lol...

On 2019-08-25 at 3:42 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Luck was booed off the field at halftime at Lucas Oil Stadium last night when word got out that he was retiring. Someone from the Colts organization (Irsay?) leaked the retirement to Jason La Canfora & he tweeted it immediately which Colts fans began learning about during the game.  Angry Colts fans began taking off their Andrew Luck jerseys & started booing the guy. Luck was going to announce his retirement Sunday at a press conference in Indy but was forced to do it after the game. The man had an unfortunate series of injuries one right after the other & he just felt he couldn't go on with the pain anymore so he decided to retire. I never criticize an athlete for any decision he/she makes when it comes to injuries. They have a right to choose their own destiny & happiness in life so the booing last night was really sad.

Retiring is easy when you've banked 100m already.

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Retiring is easy when you've banked 100m already.

He says in a cfl forum. Odd. I mean at what point do you realize the money is just a perk and these guys truly play for the love of the game. Perhaps realize the cfl wouldn't exist if it was all about the money. Maybe go post this on the arena league form also. Money is nice but u know what's nicer? Being able to walk and play with your kids. 

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He says in a cfl forum. Odd. I mean at what point do you realize the money is just a perk and these guys truly play for the love of the game. Perhaps realize the cfl wouldn't exist if it was all about the money. Maybe go post this on the arena league form also. Money is nice but u know what's nicer? Being able to walk and play with your kids. 

Yes, but we will still hear people screaming about it being flag football the next time a Bomber gets flagged for tackling a QB low.  Our entertainment is far more important than merely someone livelihood and quality of life.  I paid $50 for this ticket and I expect to see someone I don't cheer for in pain for the rest of their life!

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Why is that funny, Frosty? Goalie is absolutely right. Money can't buy you health.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

• 1 month later...