NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game

JCon

3 hours ago, Booch said:

regardless of the promoter's total failure...the Bombers pocketed whatever the rental fee was..500K perhaps..more?...who knows...and all the concessions sold..win win in my books

Wonder if they keep the turf that they placed to cover up any non-turfed areas as well moving forward

Maybe the fee was that. They moved from the coliseum and saved $500k, probably even after costs with moving. Would be interesting to see what the final finances are, and what it meant to the Bombers.

https://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/green-bay-packers-oakland-raiders-played-game-on-80-yard-field-in-winnipeg-aaron-rodgers-082219

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The real reason it's yards is because Canada didn't change to the metric system until 1970 and football fields pre-date that. Why it didn't change since then? Who knows?

Thank you , Tburgess... I've learned my required 'one new thing ' today so I now have the afternoon to myself to do as I please!  

2 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

but you can get a 1 way flight for as little as $70,  maybe cheaper at times...

A couple years ago I flew from Oakland to Seattle the Monday after a Raiders home game.  The passengers were me, my wife, and 250 Raider freaks, most still dressed up in their gear, and in one case, with fresh corpse paint makeup.

I bet the LV Raiders will have a *lot* of fly-in fans.  It's so cheap to fly into Vegas, and Raider fans are a special breed.  Sucks that their owner is such a greedy ******, tho I shouldn't cast stones because I've never been in the position to turn down a half-billion stadium subsidy because of my loyalty to my best customers...

back in March I went to an AAF game from St. Louis to Atlanta for an  3 pm game,.. I drove to St. Louis, grabbed a cab from the airport in Atlanta to the stadium, tipped the cabbie to be out here where he dropped me off at 6:30, and he was actually, lol...  he took me back to the airport, flew back to St. Louis, drove home in time to watch the late news...

2 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

back in March I went to an AAF game from St. Louis to Atlanta for an  3 pm game,.. I drove to St. Louis, grabbed a cab from the airport in Atlanta to the stadium, tipped the cabbie to be out here where he dropped me off at 6:30, and he was actually, lol...  he took me back to the airport, flew back to St. Louis, drove home in time to watch the late news...

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you feeling better now? 

27 minutes ago, johnzo said:

A couple years ago I flew from Oakland to Seattle the Monday after a Raiders home game.  The passengers were me, my wife, and 250 Raider freaks, most still dressed up in their gear, and in one case, with fresh corpse paint makeup.

I bet the LV Raiders will have a *lot* of fly-in fans.  It's so cheap to fly into Vegas, and Raider fans are a special breed.  Sucks that their owner is such a greedy ******, tho I shouldn't cast stones because I've never been in the position to turn down a half-billion stadium subsidy because of my loyalty to my best customers...

When I lived in the Oakland/Fran area i saw more Raiders garb on random people out and about than any other pro team from that area

1 hour ago, 66 Chevelle said:

ST. LOUIS BATTLEHAWKS!!!!

I'll have season tickets to them as well, lol...

Will they knock anything off the ticket price if you wear a Romulan uniform to the games?

990ef7e6a0c2016399ceab62d39e5a14.png

I kid, I kid. I might go to a Dragons game just to check it out, esp. if there's some ex-CFL players to follow there. 

Was just in San Diego and every second ad on my phone was for San Diego State Aztecs football ... "we're staying to represent San Diego!" they all said.  As an old Wpg Jets fan, I really feel for these great football towns that the NFL is crapping on .. but then can't feel too bad for St Louis since you have a Stanley Cup as a consolation prize...

28 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Will they knock anything off the ticket price if you wear a Romulan uniform to the games?

I kid, I kid. I might go to a Dragons game just to check it out, esp. if there's some ex-CFL players to follow there. 

Was just in San Diego and every second ad on my phone was for San Diego State Aztecs football ... "we're staying to represent San Diego!" they all said.  As an old Wpg Jets fan, I really feel for these great football towns that the NFL is crapping on .. but then can't feel too bad for St Louis since you have a Stanley Cup as a consolation prize...

that's cool, lol...  it's all in good fun!

yeah, we got that cup, finally... only took us 50 years to do it thought, lol... hopefully the second one comes quicker!

that whole NFL thing of allowing teams to move... just how many times and how many teams are they going to move to LA and allow them to leave again?  LA does not support football there... I get that they are a huge market, but, if the community supported a team they wouldn't have to move again...

if a team is allowed to move though, they should have to repay all of the season ticket holders the PSL they paid to get season tickets...  it didn't bother me though when the Rams left, not like it did when the Cardinals did...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

When I lived in the Oakland/Fran area i saw more Raiders garb on random people out and about than any other pro team from that area

when I was looking at their, Oakland's, move to Vegas it said that a huge contingency of people from Oakland were actually buying the season tickets... it's almost a cult following... weird for a team that isn't any better than the Raiders are...  I thought a couple of years back they were about to figure it out with Carr and the team...

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Did they not during the Don Coryell days with Conrad Dobler and Dan Dierdorf 

yes, they did have a few winning seasons, just didn't feel or seem like it...  they were in St. Louis for 28 seasons and had a record of 186-202-14... this included 10 winning seasons... only 3 of those winning seasons had wins in the double digits... those double digit winning seasons were in fact with Mr. Coryell during the '74, '75, and '76 seaons... in '74 and '75 they actually won their division but quickly lost in the first round of the playoffs...

other than that, a lot of 4 and 5 win seasons... their last season in St. Louis was yet again a losing season... in the final 12 seasons after those 3 double digit win years they managed to have a winning record only twice....