NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game

JCon

Just now, Booch said:

WE played our last home game with the patch already in place...was a non-issue..and bet most people didn't even notice it was there, tho it was brought to teams attention prior to game just so they knew...though the Bombers already did

That or the Bombers knew what they were doing with the patch and the NFL did not.

There were a noticeable number, confirmed by speaking to them, of Packer fans that made the trip up from the states. They had a great time, judging by the cheering, screaming, laughter and liquor they were consuming. The wave that carried on for twenty or so cycles around the stadium got most fans breaking into ovations, foolery, and lots of commotion. NFL has a lot of fans. 

It was somewhat shocking to witness the difference in the foot print of a NFL field overlay a CFL field, first hand, and absolutely further convinced me the bigger field adds more chance for exciting plays. 

A Bomber game is better value for the money but being there was a cool experience. 

Edited by Rod Black

5 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

There were a noticeable number, confirmed by speaking to them, of Packer fans that made the trip up from the states. They had a great time, judging by the cheering, screaming, laughter and liquor they were consuming. The wave that carried on for twenty or so cycles around the stadium got most fans breaking into cheering, foolery, and lots of commotion. NFL has a lot of fans. 

It was somewhat shocking to witness the difference in the foot print of a NFL field overlay a CFL field, first hand, and absolutely further convinced me the bigger field adds more chance for exciting plays. 

A Bomber game is better value for the money but being there was a cool experience. 

Happiest person I've seen all week was the Packer's fan at the downtown street market yesterday. Tim's cup in hand, jersey/beads, Logo shaved into head, cannabis leaf sneakers - talking to guys in Delta-9 t-shirts. 

Legal weed (for those inclined) + Canadian exchange rate = What's not to like?

15 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I physically saw an NFL/American field for the first time a few years ago.

I was surprised too.

Too bad they didn't playthe game on the CFL field. Would have been interesting to see what they did with it.

Just now, Booch said:

regardless of the promoter's total failure...the Bombers pocketed whatever the rental fee was..500K perhaps..more?...who knows...and all the concessions sold..win win in my books

Wonder if they keep the turf that they placed to cover up any non-turfed areas as well moving forward

For this event, it's a win. But the next time the Bombers want to attract an event, this will be on the resume. Not saying it's a deciding factor to a good promoter but it may play into consideration. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

regardless of the promoter's total failure...the Bombers pocketed whatever the rental fee was..500K perhaps..more?...who knows...and all the concessions sold..win win in my books

Wonder if they keep the turf that they placed to cover up any non-turfed areas as well moving forward

this is really all I care about with this entire fiasco.....the Bombers making $$$$$$. Take that hype train for everything they're worth, and send 'em down the road again...good riddance but thanks for the money.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah, a detail that was added but looked good. 

This fiasco was all on the NFL and their promotional people. I bet they assumed that if they just showed up with "C" team players, no matter what the product on the field was, that we would flock to the gates with money in hand for the opportunity to see how wonderful the NFL was. The outcome was predictable. Had they offered the tickets for a reasonable price (about the same as Bomber tickets), or even discounted them below that to fill the stadium, it would have been a better experience for all. 

4 hours ago, 66 Chevelle said:

Already a reported 4,500 people on a waiting list for season tickets in Vegas... and the PSL prices are just crazy stupid...  

get this, it's reported that a lot of the people buying season tickets are actually from Oakland, lol...

How far is the drive to Vegas from Oakland?

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The LA Rams have already been forced to lower their PSL and the Chargers draw flies 

Pro football in LA is challenged because the area is just so freaking big.  Areas a hundred miles from downtown LA are still considered a part of the metro area. The weather is generally always nice with so, so, so, so  much to do that trying to fill an 80,000 seat stadium can be a challenge.

2 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

but it does remind me of something that I've wondered about for a long time... why does the CFL use yards instead of meters? 

10-meter first downs are the worst. 

But, the field would be about 100 meters long (as opposed to 110 Yards). Wouldn't change that much. A bit longer for first downs. 

Edited by JCon