NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game

JCon

6 minutes ago, 66 Chevelle said:

in a couple of weeks I'll hit my peak season for football...

Friday nights will be high school football and CFL

Saturday, NCAA and CFL

and Sunday, NFL

come Feburary I'll add XFL

Most fans are footballed out after the Super Bowl. I honestly think they want a break from football with it being late winter, the Final Four Tournament gets going in March, MLB spring training starts mid February & then the NBA & NHL are in their final third of the season leading to the playoffs. Another spring football league doesn't excite a lot of fans because a lot of sports are going on. .

Edited by SpeedFlex27

12 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

I agree....then why did the Bombers think it was going to be successful here?

Bombers are getting a flat fee regardless if there is 30 people in the stands or 30 000...so to them they couldn't really car.

The stadium and the facilities and the city get prime time exposure, and it also allows the probability of close to 80 players who are not going to stick on the roster or the PR of either the Raiders or Packers to see what a CFL football city has to offer, and the facilities they would play in if they decided to make hat career choice...it's great...free promotion for the Bombers...and believe me a lot of potential players in the south don't give it a second thought as they have a perception things are very antiquated and sub par facility and professional wise..I've heard it first hand...and once they are educated, or actually see it..many are actually shocked

Now as well with the Stadiums i BC.SSK..WPG and EDM and to a bot of a lesser extent Ham, each city has stadiums that can rival most in regards to players comfort and amenities 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Whoa. LOL

No lie sir.  When my son was in his early teens and was testing me with the NFL vs CFL stuff.... I simply told him I enjoy both leagues,  and I appreciate the CFL even more because it's Canadian and because the guys playing want to be playing.  At least I thought they must love the game to be putting their bodies on the line for the money they were making.  And I always added that every one of them out there was still better than what we could do on the field. 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

I find it very funny how people get upset by that shirt. I am geographer and I could careless if someone did not know that. How many of you can name the states in Mexico, can you all name every capital for every state in the United States, no probably not. 

Now, I really don't care that much...it's just funny to me......but you make a shitty point. We have 10 ******* provinces and 3 territories. They have 50 states.....

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It seems some people just can't enjoy both. They have such an inferiority complex about our game that they have to throw insults out to try & convince themselves & others that our game is better than the NFL. Lot of jealousy when they see 90,000 at a Cowboys game in a gigantic, sparkling new state of the art stadium  & then only 18,000 in a rickety, century old stadium in Montreal. Or the dump they call McMahon Stadium with half empty seats. People all over the world know about the NFL but have never heard of the Grey Cup & I think that drives some in Canada nuts. I enjoy both games & never compare the two. Each one is unique unto itself. I don't think one is superior or inferior to the other. I just like football.

I watch both leagues. CFL far more than the NFL. I just find CFL football to be more exciting on average. It has nothing to do with an inferiority complex or jealousy about their stadiums etc etc. You're taking a lot of liberties here lol. I mean, people can just not like something because of what it is/does/etc etc etc and not because it's a superior product than the one they like.

13 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I find it very funny how people get upset by that shirt. I am geographer and I could careless if someone did not know that. How many of you can name the states in Mexico, can you all name every capital for every state in the United States, no probably not. 

This is true, however. He's not just a tourist and was very much trying to appease people with that shirt. All it takes is a simple google search on your phone to see where you're going etc. I did think it was funny though.

18 hours ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

That field sure looks small:

Be nice if we could keep the extra turf they put out. DO IT!

33 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

True but if the NHL had a game in a non-NHL state you can sure as hell bet that underneath Portland is the word Oregon!

I think the clothing is a joke btw.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

This is true, however. He's not just a tourist and was very much trying to appease people with that shirt. All it takes is a simple google search on your phone to see where you're going etc. I did think it was funny though.

Apparently he bought it off amazon. At least the skyline is correct. Should have done what Aaron Rodgers did and show up in a Canadian tuxedo.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

So the Oakland Raiders kicker shows up with a T-Shirt with Winnipeg,Alberta on it (there's a collector for ya).....LOL.....People from the United States really do need a geography lesson....but whatever

Back in the late 80's, when my kids were young, my mother took out a subscription to the National Geographic magazine for them. Even then the Nation Geographic Society would annually moan about the state of geographic ignorance of the American people.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

I'm a geographer as well......since elementary school and back then I could name all of the American states....I doubt their grade schoolkids even know what continent Canada belongs to........but I digress

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I watch both leagues. CFL far more than the NFL. I just find CFL football to be more exciting on average. It has nothing to do with an inferiority complex or jealousy about their stadiums etc etc. You're taking a lot of liberties here lol. I mean, people can just not like something because of what it is/does/etc etc etc and not because it's a superior product than the one they like.

Well, I'm not apologizing for what I said. I don't like NFL bashing any more than CFL bashing. Sort of like Rider fans telling us how great the City of Regina is & how great it is to live there. If it's so great then why the need to tell us? We should already know, if it was.