NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game

JCon

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Agreed. The common theme that has been in interviews with players who were in the NFL and then came to the CFL was exactly that. The NFL is a machine- all hype and money

And, if you're American, the NFL is the pinancle. But, money aside, who has more job satisfaction??

The QBs of Bombers, and other teams, play catch with young fans before the game. How satisfying and fun is that? 

Edited by JCon

4 hours ago, JCon said:

This is a one-off. That was part of permanently establishing Toronto as part of the Buffalo market. Different scenario altogether. 

And, the early games were successful. 

Different scenario....yes when you are drawing from a surrounding area with a population of over 3 million people.

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Promoters just think they can charge anything they want, including outrageous prices & people will open their wallet & show up. That's not true at all. This game would have failed in every other Canadian city because of ticket prices. This promoter especially seems out of touch with reality.

I agree....then why did the Bombers think it was going to be successful here?

31 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

The NFL isn’t called the “no fun league” for nothing. 

Think that's going a bit too far...

for instance Patrick Mahomes looks like he's having fun.... I definitely have a good time watching him play. 

Randy Moss, Beastmode. Lots of things to like about the NFL.

Yeah the hype is one of the bad aspects.

But they have actually become more like the CFL. scrambling quarterbacks, not as many 6 foot 5 pylons standing there throwing the ball, less robotic, and more exciting.

I think both leagues would be better if they went back to letting quarterbacks call their own plays. At least some of the time.

Bombers had the up tempo, it worked, and then they just dropped it. vanished without a trace.

Edited by Mark F

It seems some people just can't enjoy both. They have such an inferiority complex about our game that they have to throw insults out to try & convince themselves & others that our game is better than the NFL. Lot of jealousy when they see 90,000 at a Cowboys game in a gigantic, sparkling new state of the art stadium  & then only 18,000 in a rickety, century old stadium in Montreal. Or the dump they call McMahon Stadium with half empty seats. People all over the world know about the NFL but have never heard of the Grey Cup & I think that drives some in Canada nuts. I enjoy both games & never compare the two. Each one is unique unto itself. I don't think one is superior or inferior to the other. I just like football.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It seems some people just can't enjoy both. They have such an inferiority complex about our game that they have to throw insults out to try & convince themselves & others that our game is better than the NFL. Lot of jealousy when they see 90,000 at a Cowboys game in a gigantic, sparkling new state of the art stadium  & then only 18,000 in a rickety, century old stadium in Montreal. Or the dump they call McMahon Stadium with half empty seats. People all over the world know about the NFL but have never heard of the Grey Cup & I think that drives some in Canada nuts. I enjoy both games & never compare the two. Each one is unique unto itself. I don't think one is superior or inferior to the other. I just like football.

I agree 100%. 

24 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Think that's going a bit too far...

for instance Patrick Mahomes looks like he's having fun.... I definitely have a good time watching him play. 

Randy Moss, Beastmode. Lots of things to like about the NFL.

You mentioned three guys and two of them haven’t played/been relevant in ten years. 

Isnt that abit of a clue? 

The KC vs Rams game last year was as good as football gets. That quality of play is something the CFL can't match.

Having said that, I'm more invested in the CFL than NFL. I'll watch every CFL game, but am less likely to watch NFL games with teams I don't care much about. 

Edited by sweep the leg

20 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Having said that, I'm more invested in the CFL than NFL. I'll watch every CFL game, but am less likely to watch NFL games with teams I don't care much about. 

That's it. I watch every CFL game. I can usually only watch one NFL game a week. For the reasons you mentioned.

30 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

there are around 9,000 seats left so they are approx. 23,500 - 24,000 for the ticket count.  Maybe they boost that by another 1-2,000 tomorrow morning and afternoon with some last minute group sales to corporations.

Four hundred dollar tickets on the 50 yard line in the upper decks. Absolute insanity.

54 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

You mentioned three guys and two of them haven’t played/been relevant in ten years.

Ten years.... think you're off a bit with that.

Anyway there are all kinds of top players in the NFL these days.  Every team has some.

Probably have more good  exciting to watch quarterbacks right now than they've had in years.

Edited by Mark F