NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game

JCon

36 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Silly question..... but how would they be able to lower prices when many have all ready paid the original prices ?..... won't those people be mad...   or would they get a discount ?

They've done it for the last two GCs in Wpg......... 

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Ticket count is at around 8000 with 15 days left....

Someone on another forum was able to determine there were only 17,000 blue seats available a few weeks ago.  He said punching in a code into your console would allow you to determine the number of seats available.  

I think all if you added up all the blue and grey dots on ticketmaster you would only end up with 28,000 or so seats.  We don't see all the standing room seats (500 - 1000) the 50 suites (apparently all sold out)  and super suite, the two club areas on the suite level, the loge seats and the patio.  All those areas are included in the 33,000 seat capacity for IG Field.  

Assuming all those areas are sold out like the suites, and the blue dots are all that's left, I think there are "only" 16,000 seats available with the sales from the past week and a bit.  They need to sell/distribute another 9,000 seats, mostly in the lower bowl, to have a decent-looking crowd.

Not gonna bs. If i didnt go on here id have no idea there was a game here. I saw my first billboard on disraeli just 25 minutes ago or so. To say promotion for the game has existed is just not true. 17000 on word of mouth really. If someone on here said they bought tickets that person would have done more advertising for the game than these promoters did. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Not gonna bs. If i didnt go on here id have no idea there was a game here. I saw my first billboard on disraeli just 25 minutes ago or so. To say promotion for the game has existed is just not true. 17000 on word of mouth really. If someone on here said they bought tickets that person would have done more advertising for the game than these promoters did. 

We mentioned this a few weeks ago on this board....  I have not seen or heard a single ad for the football game at all.   I only listen to 1290 so I can't speak for 680,  but you would think they would of had some more promotions on a sports radio station.   

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

We mentioned this a few weeks ago on this board....  I have not seen or heard a single ad for the football game at all.   I only listen to 1290 so I can't speak for 680,  but you would think they would of had some more promotions on a sports radio station.   

They have been talking about it a bit on the CJOB over the past couple of days, but that's about it.  Almost feels like they thought that since it's the NFL it will just sell itself and they don't have to put any effort in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-08 at 10:19 AM, Brandon said:

It's been done many times before for other events around the world.  

On 2019-08-07 at 7:17 PM, NorthernSkunk said:

Silly question..... but how would they be able to lower prices when many have all ready paid the original prices ?..... won't those people be mad...   or would they get a discount ?

Time value of the tickets goes down as the event approaches and an excess of seats are still available.  If the event sold out the people who bought early at 175$ would be sitting pretty laughing at the people paying extra on stub hub to catch the game.

these tickets would be a lot cheaper too is it was the second time being sold as well...  season ticket holders are forced to buy the preseason tickets in their 'bundle' so the team has already been paid for them... the ones you find for sale are the games that season tickets holders aren't going to go to...  I checked on tickets for the Chiefs preseason game 3 and they were selling lower level 50 yard line for $180 US for row 30 something, and $300 US I believe for first 3 rows?  you could get the seats at the top of the stadium for $40 US if I remember correctly, but, they are so far up I'm afraid to go there...  heaven knows you can't see the game from there, well you can, just not what's going on, even at $40...

I really don't understand why they even considered coming to Canada to play a game, surely there was some college stadium somewhere that they could of gotten in to... nothing against Canada but they had to know that if they were going to come here that in most cases the seating alone is generally half of what a NFL stadium has...  the Oakland Coliseum is one of the smallest NFL stadiums but it still holds almost 60,000, but it also has 140 luxury suites that command a pretty dollar... couple this with the exchange rate of the dollar and they should have known that they would be pricey themselves out of being 'reasonable' for just about any fan...

for those going, I'm happy for you that you're getting the chance and I hope you have a great game to watch!  for those not going due to price, I don't blame you , I wouldn't either for the same reasons...